Windows 10: Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode

Discus and support Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an older webcam (Trust WB-5400) which I found some driver for online that seems to be working fine with Windows 10. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GianniDPC, Apr 16, 2017.

1. GianniDPC Win User

Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode

Hello,

I have an older webcam (Trust WB-5400) which I found some driver for online that seems to be working fine with Windows 10. The problem is when I reboot my computer I have to replug the webcam for it to work again, same thing when I go out of sleep mode. This is very annoying as I want the camera to be plugged in to the back of my computer and obviously keep working

Strange thing is I have a laptop also running the latest Windows 10, I installed the same driver rebooted my computer a few times and everytime the webcam keeps working even when going out of sleep mode.

How do I solve this for my Desktop computer? Must be something that is configured wrong because it work's all fine on my laptop.

I would be glad if someone could help me out,

Thanks in advance

:)

GianniDPC, Apr 16, 2017

2. Problems when waking computer up from Sleep

I own a Dell Inspirion 5559 Laptop and it runs on a Windows 10 Home

After updating some of items in from device manager I noticed my computer behaving weirdly.

After I wake my computer up from sleep mode, when I try to get onto skype it takes a couple minutes to load, so I exit and restart but the restating takes forever and eventually runs into a blue screen problem where it tells me it reboots, and everything is
    fine again. But this has hapepned twice within the last 30 hours or so. I have now turned off the sleep mode and only have it set on hibernate to see if that fixes the issue, but it's still one that's annoying and wondering if there's some fix or what's going
    on?

I also have another issue with my webcam. Again when I wake my computer up from sleep it doesn't work, like no light/no screen, etc. I have to reboot to get it to work right again. However I do notice that when it does come back from hibernate my webcam is
    fine.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Caroline Foster, Apr 16, 2017
  3. "Hello" does not work following a reboot but works fine on wake up from sleep

After installing the November Windows 10 update, Hello sign-in stopped working properly after a shutdown/reboot.

After a shutdown/reboot, it recognizes my face, and says "Welcome Philippe" but it remains stuck on the desktop picture and does not log me in - I need to hit the "Return" key and login using the password.

However, when waking up from Sleep mode, Hello sign-in works fine. It recognizes me and I don't need to enter the password.

I have removed and reinstalled the webcam twice and I am running the latest driver approved by HP. (This is on a HP Spectre x360.)

It was working fine before the update.

PhilippeJeanjean, Apr 16, 2017
Thema:

Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode

1. Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode - Similar Threads - Webcam working reboot

2. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....
  3. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....
  4. Laptop reboot immediately after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboot immediately after sleep mode: As of recently, whenever I put my laptop to sleep, it reboots right away. I have tried all the methods that were stated on other forums, but nothing worked....
  5. Laptop restarts/reboots after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts/reboots after sleep mode: Hello, I need some help. My laptop Asus ZenBook UX461UA is having an issue after closing the lid sleep mode. After opening the lid, it has been restarted/rebooted. I've already searched across the internet and the forum, tried the various fixes suggested for similar sounding...
  6. Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted: I have allowed the Zoom app in the AVG Antivirus. The webcam was working. After the laptop was unused for a day and had been asleep, Zoom's webcam would no longer work. I googled and found that the webcams often would not work after the laptop had been asleep. Once I...
  7. Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode

Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode: Hello all! My ASUS X552LD laptop recently a week ago started rebooting after Sleep mode or Hibernation. This happens after Sleep mode is activated by pressing Power button, by accessing Windows Start Menu, or by closing the laptop's lid. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10...
  8. ASUS X552LD rebooting after Sleep mode

ASUS X552LD rebooting after Sleep mode: Hello all! My ASUS X552LD laptop recently a week ago started rebooting after Sleep mode or Hibernation. This happens after Sleep mode is activated by pressing Power button, by accessing Windows Start Menu, or by closing the laptop's lid. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10...
  9. Laptop rebooting after sleep mode

Laptop rebooting after sleep mode: Hello, I have this problem for about 3 weeks now. When I close my laptop or if I put him to sleep mode, it restart when I re-open it. I don't really now what's happening and it's extremely frustrating. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance....
  10. Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode: Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7. Performed update to Win10. I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so no important data. No extra software / bloatware / antivirus / etc is installed on it. Only USB device is an IR receiver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webcam is black everytime i wake computer from sleep mode obs