Windows 10: Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared

Discus and support Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Aspire S 13 laptop on Windows 10. I've had it since about August of 2016 and the webcam has always worked. I used it this past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevonKennedy2, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire S 13 laptop on Windows 10. I've had it since about August of 2016 and the webcam has always worked. I used it this past July.

Then this morning I tried to use it for a video chat app and it wasn't working. It doesn't work in the Camera app or anything - I'm getting the NoCamerasAreAttached message.

The troubleshoot page on this says to update your camera driver, but it looks like the camera driver has disappeared from Device Manager. I'm pretty sure it was there before, as a top-level option that said "camera" or "cameras". So I can't even do that.

Can someone tell me what's going on? Is it a hardware problem?

Here are some screengrabs to show what I'm talking about. Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared aef82067-7849-4edc-b13d-c9f7869c50e1?upload=true.jpg

Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared 04579a9a-130d-46d9-9fbf-ae55ebb66b01?upload=true.jpg

:)

DevonKennedy2, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared

1. Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared - Similar Threads - Webcam working camera

2. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  3. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  4. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared: For about a week now I've been having issues with my laptop bluescreen-ing so I decided to try troubleshoot it. Eventually I decided to do a fresh reinstall of windows to see if that could solve the issue it didn't. Not too long after the reinstall, my windows security app...
  6. webcam camera drivers for windows 10

webcam camera drivers for windows 10: I have a 10x optical zoom professional lens webcam camera with both camera and microphone and can not find it to work on my windows 10 v2014? So were would you suggest I go because I have downloaded many drivers and none of them have worked and do not remember which ones...
  7. Webcam front camera is not working.

Webcam front camera is not working.: Hello everyone I have the windows 10 for Nextbook 10.1 and I cannot access webcam front camera for videocall online. I can't switch the camera to front view. How can I fix this???...
  8. webcam/camera not working

webcam/camera not working: I have tried all of the instructions to get the camera/webcam to work on windows 10. I reset the camera, went to device manager & followed the instructions. In my device manger there is no imaging services, the audio & video seem to be under the same tab & no properties...
  9. Webcam camera not working

Webcam camera not working: Hi all, I'd like to benefit from your expertise as I feel I've exhausted close to all options in trying to fix the camera of my laptop. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB laptop which uses the Lenovo EasyCamera webcam. I have checked the privacy settings, all is okay...
  10. Webcam not working and seemingly causing BSODs

Webcam not working and seemingly causing BSODs: I have a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB. I tried opening the Camera app and I got, alternately flashing, the message "0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" and another message which didn't display long enough for me to read the whole thing, but which included the words...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. azwave/am-1h056.