Windows 10: Webcam not working on some apps

Discus and support Webcam not working on some apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically some apps are unable to access my webcam, like Camera app or Skype. Others are working perfectly fine, like hangouts or facebook messenger.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJMonteiro, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Webcam not working on some apps

Basically some apps are unable to access my webcam, like Camera app or Skype.

Others are working perfectly fine, like hangouts or facebook messenger.

Yes, I've checked already the privacy settings, and drivers are up to date, although I've uninstalled and reinstalled anyways and nothing changed.

Camera displays following error:

Webcam not working on some apps d9966631-4598-4ef8-ae6a-7048c23c1815?upload=true.png

Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

JJMonteiro, Feb 2, 2019

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

The information you've seen on the Events tab may be a system log before you've installed the webcam driver.

For the meantime, you may follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Uninstall the Logitech software for your webcam (if there's any).
    • Uninstall the webcam driver from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Open Device Manager, and run Scan for Hardware Changes.
    • Install the webcam driver provided by Windows Update.
    • Open your Camera app and see if it works.

Please inform us if the issue has been resolved.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Webcam not working on some apps

Integrated webcam not working

Hello,

0xA00F4244 error code may be caused by an antivirus software that's blocking the camera or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select
      Properties
    • Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes
      stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    • If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose
      Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall >
      Delete the driver software for this device
      , and then select OK.
    • In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select
      Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Webcam not working on some apps

1. Webcam not working on some apps - Similar Threads - Webcam working apps

2. Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.: So recently, my webcam stopped working on Facebook but it still works in the camera app.All autorisations are on for the webcam and mic.The weird thing is if I unplug my speakers it works...I have not idea why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks...
  3. Webcam is not working in apps

Webcam is not working in apps: When I run webcam in apps it showing blank screen I can't see anything in it and i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-is-not-working-in-apps/42c1a53d-60f4-404d-829e-27f894386509
  4. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: Hi I have an Acer Aspire Z3-605, which has a integrated webcam in it. Though a couple of years ago, this computer went through an upgrade to Windows 10. I think around that time, the camera stopped working. I have done everything I found online, including: Updating,...
  5. Webcam not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam not working.: [ATTACH] Hi there, I got this message when I tried to open my camera. I have completed all the recommended steps on Windows help, with no success. Can somebody please help? Regards, Brendan....
  6. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: I have an HP Spectre 365 that had Windows 10 from the start, I recently tried to attend a Zoom mtg only to find out the Webcam isn't working. I went through all the recommended fixes to no avail. I went to Device Manager and camera was not listed on it's own or under...
  7. webcam not working

webcam not working: webcam not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working/aaa2a681-5101-4643-ab86-29601ef56467
  8. Some apps are not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some apps are not working: I'm using microsoft lumia 640XL and recently upgraded to Win10. After the upgradation, I am unable to run some basic apps like weather and some music apps. Weather app is shown downloaded but it does not work, when i tap it, it brings me to window store and then the whole...
  9. some voice apps Work; some do not

in Windows 10 Support
    some voice apps Work; some do not: Google Voice to text just stopped working on pc [cannot press Start] Hangouts doesn’t call; Audacity works fine. 129666
  10. Some apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps not working: Hi ! On my desktop computer, after migrating to Windows 10, from Windows 7, and solving a lot of problems, I still have one I did not succeed to correct. I cannot open two Apps, Mail and Calendar, apparently tied under the same apps "Communications". I have uninstalled them...