Windows 10: Webcam not working

Discus and support Webcam not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I fix my webcam that is being blocked by an antivirus software? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, that barely worked because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidRiddle14, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Webcam not working

How do I fix my webcam that is being blocked by an antivirus software? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, that barely worked because I have such an old computer. The driver reinstalled itself, but it is still not working. I've scanned for viruses a few times in different ways. Nothing happened. The Camera app said it could be a bad driver, it is unplugged which is impossible in my case because it's built in, or It is being blocked by an antivirus software. I have just windows defender, I've checked, but there's nothing to indicate that my camera is being blocked. My control Panel's device list not device manager, just the home page list doesn't have a webcam as one of my devices. My device manager does say I have the driver, but it told me that the webcam was not connected to the computer and said code 45. I've no idea what to do.

:)

DavidRiddle14, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Webcam not working

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Webcam not working

1. Webcam not working - Similar Threads - Webcam working

2. Inbuilt webcam not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inbuilt webcam not working windows 10: Hi Webcam in my Toshiba P855 S5200 model laptop not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Need to know the correct procedure to install the drivers and the source from where I can get the correct drivers. Thank you in advance for you help. Lavakumar...
  3. Webcam camera not working

Webcam camera not working: Hi all, I'd like to benefit from your expertise as I feel I've exhausted close to all options in trying to fix the camera of my laptop. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB laptop which uses the Lenovo EasyCamera webcam. I have checked the privacy settings, all is okay...
  4. webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  5. Built-in webcam in WIndows 10 not working blank screen

Built-in webcam in WIndows 10 not working blank screen: My built-in webcam is no longer working on Windows 10. However, the white LED of the webcam is on. Using Cyberlink YouCam as well as Windows default camera app, i get a blank screen , and capturing pictures or recording videos gives error. I have tried to uninstall the...
  6. Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted: I have allowed the Zoom app in the AVG Antivirus. The webcam was working. After the laptop was unused for a day and had been asleep, Zoom's webcam would no longer work. I googled and found that the webcams often would not work after the laptop had been asleep. Once I...
  7. Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes

Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes: My laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 The Problem: The camera works, for a few seconds then the image freezes. In every camera\video app I've tried, the problem repeats: Win Camera, Zoom & Skype. What I've tried: Installing the latest windows updates. Uninstalling and...
  8. Webcam and external speakers not working

Webcam and external speakers not working: I upgraded a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 in January. Since then my speakers and Creative webcam have not worked. Do I need new drivers or new hardware and how do I determine?...
  9. Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work

Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work: I keep getting the error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> I have tried to turn the app off, toggle on and off the applicable settings, checked my antivirus, and checked the system for hardware updates....
  10. Webcam not working on ASUS Q550LF with Windows 10

Webcam not working on ASUS Q550LF with Windows 10: My internal webcam/camera does not seem to be noticed on Windows 10 it's also often missing from the Device Manager. I have checked to see that I have the latest drivers installed, I have updated Windows 10 to the most recent version Build 18363, and have verified that I have...