Windows 10: WebCam Not Working

Discus and support WebCam Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP Notebook PC and I had working webcam some time back. The last time it worked was the day when I had to attend two zoo meeting simultaneously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DhirajDhungana, Aug 4, 2021.

1. WebCam Not Working

I have HP Notebook PC and I had working webcam some time back. The last time it worked was the day when I had to attend two zoo meeting simultaneously from Zoom app and Microsoft Edge. Webcam was working fine till that day and after that whenever tried to locate camera, I get response that WebCam is not attached to PC. When opening camera app on windows, I gett error code of 0*A00F4244<NoCameraAreAttached>. I havenot dropped the laptop neither there has been any physical damage to PC. It was in the same place and not even moved from the place. What could be the problem and possible solut

:)

DhirajDhungana, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 4, 2021
  4. WebCam Not Working

Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

WebCam Not Working

1. WebCam Not Working - Similar Threads - WebCam Working

2. Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update: I have been trying for a solution for more than 2 years the best answer I could get washttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-usbvid1bcfpid2c55mi0069e1e39c00000-requires/96fdd181-91a8-41bb-aa48-e909594a1cb8but in the response Chris does not specify which...
  3. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  4. my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop

my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop: Hello guys i have been trying to get my webcam to work but it not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-does-not-work-on-my-laptop-it-a-lenevo/ffd6a7f2-e815-4fb6-b7c6-886696288982
  5. Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working

Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam Randomly Stops Working: I've had a Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam for over a year with a strange problem. About once a month it randomly stops working for a day or two, then begins working again all of a sudden. This has been occuring more often now, more than once a week. Replugging the device...
  6. How to test Webcam in Windows 11/10? Is it working?

in Windows 10 News
    How to test Webcam in Windows 11/10? Is it working?: [ATTACH]If you need to attend many online meetings and classes, you need to make sure everything is working when it comes to Webcam. The last-minute surprises where either the video is not working or the hardware is not working are annoying. The best way to not face these...
  7. Webcams integrated + external don't work

Webcams integrated + external don't work: Webcam features on my laptop are no longer working. I tried all the steps below in this article:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/camera-doesn-t-work-in-windows-10-32adb016-b29c-a928-0073-53d31da0dad5My system information is as follows:Inspiron 7591Microsoft Windows...
  8. Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.

Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.: So recently, my webcam stopped working on Facebook but it still works in the camera app.All autorisations are on for the webcam and mic.The weird thing is if I unplug my speakers it works...I have not idea why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks...
  9. Built-in Webcam not working

Built-in Webcam not working: My built-in Webcam does not work anymore on my Acer Lap Top. The camera app doesn't detect a camera, neither does any other app on the device Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, WhatsApp.... I have tried every suggestion on the page below, restarted the computer several times and...
  10. Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution

Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution: Hi!After a recent Windows 10 update my Webcam / Camera App stopped working. I have tried every trick suggested in Google searches but to no avail. I have uninstalled and installed drivers. I have uninstalled and installed the Camera App.Then something strange...