Windows 10: Webcam on HP laptop-windows 10

Discus and support Webcam on HP laptop-windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; webcam comes on but then turns on and off on a 2-3 second cycle. As a result webcam isn't recognized or get error message when software trying to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Russ1285, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Russ1285 Win User

Webcam on HP laptop-windows 10

webcam comes on but then turns on and off on a 2-3 second cycle. As a result webcam isn't recognized or get error message when software trying to access it i.e., to use it for recognition at start up/

:)

Russ1285, Apr 22, 2020

2. HP Webcam

The HP Webcam on my Pavilion g6 laptop is not working and NOT listed in the device manager since Windows 10 was loaded.

Christin25Jackson, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Problem in accessing Webcam on Windows 10 HP Probook 4430s laptop

Hi Tony,

• Did you try installing the webcam drivers from HP support site as suggested by Yeshwanth?

You may try the suggestions provided from this HP support site and check if it helps.

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

You may also refer this Microsoft Blog to fix the webcam issue on Windows 10:

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-when-the-windows-camera-app-fails-to-launch/

Regards,

John Rubdy, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Webcam on HP laptop-windows 10

Windows 10 does not recognize HP laptop webcam

Hi Carl,

I realize that webcam is not getting recognized on your HP laptop with Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Do you see the web cam listed in Device Manager?

• Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the pc?

• What is the error message you get while trying to access the webcam?

Suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Review Windows Update. The Windows Update service is a key item to review. Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update.
    Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Webcam on HP laptop-windows 10

1. Webcam on HP laptop-windows 10 - Similar Threads - Webcam laptop

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11: My webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with Windows 11. It is not appearing in the Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working-in-hp-omen-laptop-with-windows/de9a2b93-8486-4f06-9316-5d1e21258e85
  5. Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11

Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11: My webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with Windows 11. It is not appearing in the Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working-in-hp-omen-laptop-with-windows/de9a2b93-8486-4f06-9316-5d1e21258e85
  6. logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11: Here is what I am directed to:A driver can't load on this deviceSecurity Windows 10You are receiving this message because the Memory Integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device. Here are a few options you can try if you want to be...
  7. logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11

logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11: Here is what I am directed to:A driver can't load on this deviceSecurity Windows 10You are receiving this message because the Memory Integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device. Here are a few options you can try if you want to be...
  8. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  9. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  10. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging