Windows 10: Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work

Discus and support Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting the error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> I have tried to turn the app off, toggle on and off the applicable settings, checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElizabethDever, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work

I keep getting the error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

I have tried to turn the app off, toggle on and off the applicable settings, checked my antivirus, and checked the system for hardware updates.

:)

ElizabethDever, Mar 29, 2020

2. HP ENVY m4 Windows 8 Laptop Available for Pre-Order

Officially announced one month ago, the Windows 8-running ENVY m4 14-inch laptop from HP can now be found on pre-order, priced at $829.99. The m4 is 1.1 inches thick and features an LED-backlit (1366 x 768) display, a 2.2 GHz Core i7-3632QM processor, Intel HD graphics, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and a DVD writer.

HP's notebook also has a media card reader, an HD webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, two USB 3.0 ports, stereo speakers and a subwoofer, Beats Audio, an HDMI output, and a 6-cell battery. The ENVY m4 is listed here.

Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work hp_envy_m4_01_thm.jpg

Source: Laptoping

Cristian_25H, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work

Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10

HI there,

I have an HP Envy with Windows 10 and can't seem to get my webcam / camera to work.

It is not listed on the Device Manager list.

Thanks for the help.

JP

JacquiProspero, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work

1. Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work - Similar Threads - Webcam Envy

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others: I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others. I do not hear feedback on my side, but I have to be muted or else everyone else gets feedback. I have only one microphone selected. How do I deal with this? I use my laptop as a...
  5. I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others

I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others: I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others. I do not hear feedback on my side, but I have to be muted or else everyone else gets feedback. I have only one microphone selected. How do I deal with this? I use my laptop as a...
  6. HP Envy Windows 11 Wifi driver disappeared, webcam symbol constantly on screen and...

HP Envy Windows 11 Wifi driver disappeared, webcam symbol constantly on screen and...: HELP! This is so frustrating. I purchased my HP Envy in Nov 2021 and since then this has happened numerous times. Every time there is a Windows update, the wifi stops working and the driver disappears, the bluetooth stops working and the driver disappears and the webcam...
  7. HP Envy Windows 11 Wifi driver disappeared, webcam symbol constantly on screen and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy Windows 11 Wifi driver disappeared, webcam symbol constantly on screen and...: HELP! This is so frustrating. I purchased my HP Envy in Nov 2021 and since then this has happened numerous times. Every time there is a Windows update, the wifi stops working and the driver disappears, the bluetooth stops working and the driver disappears and the webcam...
  8. Need HP True Vision Webcam driver for Windows 11 22H2 HP ENVY laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need HP True Vision Webcam driver for Windows 11 22H2 HP ENVY laptop: My built-in HP True Vision webcam is not detected on a new laptop. I tried to use it for the first time and it is not found by windows. I verified that it is not disabled on the keyboard. It also does not show up in the device manager so I can't right-click and update the...
  9. Need HP True Vision Webcam driver for Windows 11 22H2 HP ENVY laptop

Need HP True Vision Webcam driver for Windows 11 22H2 HP ENVY laptop: My built-in HP True Vision webcam is not detected on a new laptop. I tried to use it for the first time and it is not found by windows. I verified that it is not disabled on the keyboard. It also does not show up in the device manager so I can't right-click and update the...
  10. Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype: The camera is not broken as I was able to use it on a "test my camera" site. But it does not work on the Camera App (0xA00F4240 error), where it claims I need to change Privacy Settings. However, the privacy settings show camera is accessible by all apps. In the test frame...