Windows 10: Webcam Photo at Login

Discus and support Webcam Photo at Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to automatically take a webcam photo when PC is logged into or attempted to be logged into on Windows 10 Pro operating system or is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by walenman, Apr 23, 2016.

1. walenman Win User

Webcam Photo at Login

Is it possible to automatically take a webcam photo when PC is logged into or attempted to be logged into on Windows 10 Pro operating system or is there software available to do this?

:)

walenman, Apr 23, 2016
  2. Dan.Ogden Win User

Where is the Microsoft Photos app's executable located in Explorer and what is it called?

Howdy.

Want to assign Microsoft Photos as the default editor for my webcam program when it takes pictures.

Like any other program seeking a default, it shows me Explorer so I can find the correct program for my webcam software to point to each time I need to crop a picture (for example) - but nowhere can I find Microsoft Photos within Explorer to point my webcam
    software at.

Tried text searching "photos" and nothing came up. Tried looking outside the webcam program in Explorer and nothing came up. Tried looking at Programs/Start Menu 9 ways 'til Sunday and can't find a single executable or even just a folder or file called "photos".

Yet I can still run the program from the Start Menu.

How can I find the executable for the Microsoft Photos app so that I can make Photos the default editor for my webcam software?

Dan.Ogden, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Launching Webcam from the Command Prompt/PowerShell 5

Hello Andree

Many thanks for your reply and link.

I have managed to get the Webcam working (I was missing a download from the manufacturer's site), and I can see that the video works on my Notebook.

However, the college Website that requires a 'live' Webcam photo of me in order to enrol on a Windows course cannot connect to the Web cam. Basically, when I log-in to their site, they register that I have the Web cam turned on and I place my image into
    a photo placeholder and press 'Take a Photo'. I can only place my image from my Webcam if the college site can connect to my Webcam.

The college needs this 'live' image to compare it to my passport photo image before they accept my enrolment.

In other words, the problem is that I am unable to transmit my 'live' image through my Webcam to their site.

Thanks again for your help.

I

Bluenose_ted, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Webcam Photo at Login

Thema:

Webcam Photo at Login

1. Webcam Photo at Login - Similar Threads - Webcam Photo Login

2. Where does the webcam save photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does the webcam save photos?: If I open the webcam app, then get it to show the correct camera attached and press the "take a picture" button, there is really no clue where the file will get saved at all. I don't have a D drive, and the folder is writeable. And if I change the storage from C to C and...
  3. Where does the webcam save photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does the webcam save photos?: If I open the webcam app, then get it to show the correct camera attached and press the "take a picture" button, there is really no clue where the file will get saved at all. I don't have a D drive, and the folder is writeable. And if I change the storage from C to C and...
  4. Photos wont save on new webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos wont save on new webcam: so every time i try to take a photo with my new webcam it gives me the following error code 0xA00F4250<PhotoCaptureStartFailed> 0x800703e3If i switch to my in laptop camera it saves just fine. I let it sit and it let one photo save but it's back to not saving photos. And this...
  5. Login photo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login photo: Why does my photo no longer show on login to my computer? Movedfrom: Microsoft 365 and Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Microsoft 365 Family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-photo/5c96d500-c10e-4926-89b5-ff36ec953921
  6. WebCam not taking photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WebCam not taking photos: Hi, My webcam is not taking images and I need this for work. can anyone advise on how to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-taking-photos/390dc4d8-3012-4dfc-9324-322ed0aacae0
  7. Using an external webcam for photos and video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an external webcam for photos and video: Hi. I have a C922 Pro Stream Webcam that I use for video calls and would like to use it to take photos and record videos on my laptop. In my integrated camera settings there is no option to switch cameras and I can't figure out how to make my external webcam override my...
  8. login photo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login photo: can anyone please tell me how I change my login photo, tried everything in Change your account but can't see any way of doing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-photo/5555b29e-a656-44c8-97f9-0da654d92cae
  9. login security intruder webcam photo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login security intruder webcam photo: hello, i would like to know if there is any app in microsoft store or any other source, which could take a webcam pic and save it in the disk, when someone logs in or trys to log in. Or anything to records JUST the login time and date.Thankyou...
  10. login photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    login photo: How do I delete login photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-photo/34b15332-5201-463f-86b9-45478fa1c271