Windows 10: webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access

Discus and support webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i wrote msg and it disappared. i described the problem above. this only happened after chrome updated but google wants access to webcame andd then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulaE., Apr 6, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access

i wrote msg and it disappared. i described the problem above.

this only happened after chrome updated but google wants access to webcame andd then device census something or other. Is this a virus

internet sadi to turn off webcam accessing apps but my webcam is turned off for everything alrady. MS said to go to privacy and secruity settings. didn't help

:)

paulaE., Apr 6, 2020

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

block webcam access through proper norton setings

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Apr 6, 2020
  4. webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access

Webcam access blocked

I'm on an international training and really need full use of my webcam but something is suddenly blocking it and I can't find out what or why. I still have use of audio and my camera lights up to show that it is working but my Internet Security flags up
    the message "webcam access blocked" and I'm not being seen. I've looked into my Internet Security and checked all the relevant boxes that give permission but it hasn't solved anything. I'm not a geek. I would just like to have my camera functioning properly
    again. Any suggestion as to how I might be able to do that will be much appreciated.

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

Andi St Clare, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access

1. webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access - Similar Threads - webcam privacy alerts

2. Webcam blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam blocked: I have my camera and video permissions allowed on my computer and my web browser. For some reason it still is blocked from use on the web browser. What else would be the cause?...
  3. Webcam blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam blocked: I have my camera and video permissions allowed on my computer and my web browser. For some reason it still is blocked from use on the web browser. What else would be the cause?...
  4. Webcam displaying privacy mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Webcam displaying privacy mode.: Every time I turn on my webcam Creative Labs HD 720p webcam I see a black screen with an image of what looks like family privacy mode icon, cannot upload a screengrab to this forum for some reason.-did a clean install of windows 10-I have updated windows 10 to the latest...
  5. Webcam displaying privacy mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam displaying privacy mode.: Every time I turn on my webcam Creative Labs HD 720p webcam I see a black screen with an image of what looks like family privacy mode icon, cannot upload a screengrab to this forum for some reason.-did a clean install of windows 10-I have updated windows 10 to the latest...
  6. Norton Security Update for Webcam

Norton Security Update for Webcam: An update for Norton 360 what emailed today, 3/07/2020. The update gave a link to webcam security feature. Microsoft block this update, with a screen message saying that the .exe file was not approved by MS. The message redirects to Microsoft Store, which gave no...
  7. Access to the webcam

Access to the webcam: When windows asked for the "access to the webcam" permission unfortunately, I have pressed the block button also by giving a tickmark on "Remember My Action". Now when i am opening my camera it is blocked and saying that you can change your privacy settings. But even if I...
  8. has kaspersky blocked my webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    has kaspersky blocked my webcam?: Has Kaspersky blocked my webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-kaspersky-blocked-my-webcam/54ddf94a-3060-4de0-a7e7-e379a405ae1a
  9. webcam access

webcam access: I cant open my camera in some apps as we are learning online. it says that we are unable to detect a webcam with you computer. I think it is due ti antivirus software but i dont know how to open it. i tried to enable the access bottom from the setting but still it is not...
  10. Accessing Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing Webcam: Hi, I am having trouble keeping the camera on so it picks up me during the conversation of a virtual session. I see my participant fine. The audio is great in both directions. When I look for every possible location to ensure the webcam is on, they are. The problem when I...