Windows 10: Webcam problems for ASUS K501J laptop. I NEED HELP!!

Discus and support Webcam problems for ASUS K501J laptop. I NEED HELP!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 Processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jez13, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Jez13 Win User

Webcam problems for ASUS K501J laptop. I NEED HELP!!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1294 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 297 GB (36 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K50IJ
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

My webcam is showing me upside down and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help me please? I tried looking in the settings to see if I could do something to fix it there, but I am not computer savvy so I'm on here hoping someone knows what's going on and can help me fix it.

:)

Jez13, Jun 3, 2017
  2. martha13 Win User

Web cam on Skype

hi,

I'm using an ASUS K501J series laptop with an inbuilt Camera USB2.01.3M UVC and I saw this message in Device Manager

thanks

martha13, Jun 3, 2017
  3. wireless mouse and other devices that are plugged into the usb ports stopped working after I reset Windows 10

System Model: Asus Notebook K501J

GeneOfiero, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jun 3, 2017
  5. Jez13 Win User
    I thank you for that advice but now it seems I can't find my model on the search support on the ASUS website. Can you help me further?

Jez13, Jun 3, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Link to your laptops driver page:
    K50IJ | Laptops | ASUS Global

The latest drivers are for Windows 7. These should install fine, but you need to know if you are running Windows in 32 bit or 64 bit.

You also need to know which brand of camera you have in the laptop: Azurewave, Suyin , Chicony. You could find this in your products documentation.

7. Jez13 Win User
    I really honestly don't know what kind it was. It was already on my laptop when I had bought it back in 2010. I have Windows 10 now and I think it's a 64 bit, but I don't know for sure. I'm not really all that Computer savvy.

Jez13, Jun 5, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

To check Windows version:
    Start > Settings > System > About > and look at the "System Type" line

To check webcam manufacturer:
    Using Cortana or Search, type Device Manager > go to Device Manager
    Find the item Camera > Expand it
    Right click on the camera device shown > choose Properties
    Go to the Details Tab
    Click the down arrow on the Property Box to see all listings
    Click on "Hardware ID's (usually 3rd one down)

On the first line you will see a long string on characters. We only need these:
    • VEN_xxxx
    • DEV_xxxx
    Where xxxx is your unique identifying numbers.

Post those here, as well as the Windows version, and we can help you out

Thema:

1. Webcam problems for ASUS K501J laptop. I NEED HELP!! - Similar Threads - Webcam problems ASUS

2. Need help with Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Asus laptop: I need help trying to startup my Asus laptop. A friend gave it to me as a hand me down, and she decided to reset it before giving it to me. Somehow, she got it stuck in the aptio utility screen. I’ve scoured everything trying to fix this. It is an Asus Q302L. I’ve tried the...
  3. Need help with Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Asus laptop: I need help trying to startup my Asus laptop. A friend gave it to me as a hand me down, and she decided to reset it before giving it to me. Somehow, she got it stuck in the aptio utility screen. I’ve scoured everything trying to fix this. It is an Asus Q302L. I’ve tried the...
  4. Needing help with a LifeCam Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Needing help with a LifeCam Webcam: On my windows 7 I had my webcam inverted but now I do not want to do that where I am now. The LifeCam utilities are gone when I moved to Windows 10. Does anyone know how to undo this inverted picture??? I have tried uninstall and reinstall....
  5. webcam on Asus laptop

webcam on Asus laptop: Ny webcam only shows a camera icon with a line through it, no picture or video. I have all access turned on. Why no picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-asus-laptop/eb13e78d-d1b6-432a-9299-d84419829de2
  6. Webcam for Asus laptop

Webcam for Asus laptop: Hi, I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I have been trying to get my webcam to work without success. When I go to start and right-click on Device Manager , there is not a Camera nor Other. There is Imaging Devices but it only shows my printer. I even contact Asus...
  7. ASUS Laptop webcam will not work

ASUS Laptop webcam will not work: Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop running Windows 10 OS Build 18363 752. It has a webcam built-in, but whenever I try to use it with any app I get this image below. I have enabled privacy for all apps including Camera in the Privacy settings on Windows. I have updated...
  8. Integrated webcam not functioning in ASUS laptop

Integrated webcam not functioning in ASUS laptop: Hello. My laptop webcam has stopped working and i have tried a bunch of different things to fix it. I am currently running windows 10 64 bit. I cannot locate a camera driver on the ASUS website. Updating the driver through windows has not worked. Resetting the camera has not...
  9. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...
  10. ASUS Webcam Problem

ASUS Webcam Problem: Hello everyone , I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because it was useless.I researched the internet, so I think problem based on win10,I tried many drivers but they cant support win10 ,...