Windows 10: Webcam Resolution

Discus and support Webcam Resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got a new webcam that's supposed to be true 1080p. What's the easiest way to verify the resolution? I can't find a setting anywhere. 159900 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Soapm, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Soapm Win User

Webcam Resolution

Just got a new webcam that's supposed to be true 1080p. What's the easiest way to verify the resolution? I can't find a setting anywhere.

:)

Soapm, Jul 3, 2020
  2. DanRosart Win User

Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

1. I didn't just get this webcam. It had worked successfully for years using the drivers that came with Windows 10.
    2. It is not a built-in webcam, which seems to be the main thrust of the webcam troubleshooting link; also, I know that it's only currently capturing at 640x480, so using the camera app to take a photo at that resolution won't tell me anything I don't know.
      I also know that when it was working at was capturing at 720p.
    3. Because it uses the built-in windows drivers, I can't very well reinstall them.

DanRosart, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

Hi Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Dan, I see that the HP 3110 is not compatible with Windows 10 and here is the link which says the same:

HP HD-3110 Webcam
    . Click on the Operating System and click on the
    Version to check the operating systems that are compatible with the HP 3110 Webcam. However, try the below steps and see if this helps.

We suggest you to first check the exact resolution of your webcam from the section
    Determine the resolution of the webcam from the link
    Webcam Troubleshooting
    and note down the resolution.

Once you have the exact resolution of the webcam, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Video does not display in your webcam software from the link
    Webcam Troubleshooting
    and check for the issue.

If you are still facing the issue, then you may refer the section Reinstalling the original webcam software that came with your computer and reinstall the Webcam drivers from the link:

Webcam Troubleshooting

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Webcam Resolution

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Webcam Resolution

1. Webcam Resolution - Similar Threads - Webcam Resolution

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Webcam

Webcam: My webcam is refusing to turn on. I have no idea when the last time it turned on was but ive tried everything and nothing works. I have a windows 11 Version 23H2 Hp pavillion laptop. I dont have the webcam listed in device manager so i have no idea if its a driver issue. ive...
  5. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update: My laptop's webcam has a rated resolution of 720p 1280x720 with 0.9 MP sensor. This was working fine till one of the Windows update arrived that replaced the original drivers with a Microsoft driver Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1387, Driver Date: 06/21/2006. After this update...
  6. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update: My laptop's webcam has a rated resolution of 720p 1280x720 with 0.9 MP sensor. This was working fine till one of the Windows update arrived that replaced the original drivers with a Microsoft driver Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1387, Driver Date: 06/21/2006. After this update...
  7. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Webcam resolution

Webcam resolution: My webcam has poor resolution, if I install something like youcam will the resolution be better or should I opt for an external camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-resolution/65866a43-fdd6-471f-bb3b-09fb5192feaa
  9. Change webcam resolution?

Change webcam resolution?: Is there any way I can lower the resolution of my USB webcam (Microsoft) in Windows, without using Microsoft's Camera app? 147671
  10. Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts: I have an HP 3110 webcam which had been working at its native 720p resolution and which I had been using with Google Hangouts. At some point something happened where Hangouts wouldn't accept its video but the microphone still worked. The camera worked in Windows Camera and at...