Windows 10: webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10

Discus and support webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have already consulted the subject and fixes suggested in the original article " webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10" I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OllieAlger, Nov 5, 2018.

1. webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10

I have already consulted the subject and fixes suggested in the original article "

webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10"

I have researched the device drivers - There are no drivers required for the 2.0 Megapixel Microsoft web cam I have.

Opening Device manager and updating drivers lets me know there are no updated drivers.

I checked Windows updates and get no updated drivers.

I checked the advanced options in power options: Balanced is active. Advanced settings: USB settings - USB selective suspend setting is disabled.

After waking the pc from sleep, I open Camera and the light on the web cam comes on, but I get error "0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x800706F7)"

Task Manager shows the camera is running.

I must restart the pc after sleep to get the camera app to access the web cam.

:)

OllieAlger, Nov 5, 2018

2. webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10

I have already consulted the subject and fixes suggested in the original article "

webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10"

I have researched the device drivers - There are no drivers required for the 2.0 Megapixel Microsoft web cam I have.

Opening Device manager and updating drivers lets me know there are no updated drivers.

I checked Windows updates and get no updated drivers.

I checked the advanced options in power options: Balanced is active. Advanced settings: USB settings - USB selective suspend setting is disabled.

After waking the pc from sleep, I open Camera and the light on the web cam comes on, but I get error "0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x800706F7)"

Task Manager shows the camera is running.

I must restart the pc after sleep to get the camera app to access the web cam.

OllieAlger, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Webcam in Windows 10. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• What is the exact model of your Dell laptop?

• Have you updated the drivers to the latest available?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Webcam drivers and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Imaging devices.

• Right-click on Integrated Webcam and click on
      Update Driver Software option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the laptop
      after updating is completed.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps below to change the
    Power Management settings.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Imaging devices.

• Right-click on Integrated Webcam and click on
      Properties.

• Navigate to Power Management tab and
      Uncheck
      the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Mohan B P, Nov 7, 2018
  4. JoasiaM Win User

About a month ago I noticed that my webcam didn't work when I used Skype. Recently I discovered that it worked fine right after I restarted the PC but would stop working after my PC went to sleep and was woken up. What's going on?

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop.

JoasiaM, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. webcam stops working after PC wakes up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - webcam stops working

2. Monitor don't work after PC wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor don't work after PC wake up: I have two monitor first connected via display port and the second via HDMI. It work correctly but if I off and on 1rst one or PC turn off display because of idle first monitor don't turn on - display port no signal. Only reload help. Win10, try to upgrade and re-install...
  3. Monitor don't work after PC wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor don't work after PC wake up: I have two monitor first connected via display port and the second via HDMI. It work correctly but if I off and on 1rst one or PC turn off display because of idle first monitor don't turn on - display port no signal. Only reload help. Win10, try to upgrade and re-install...
  4. Monitor don't work after PC wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update: I have been trying for a solution for more than 2 years the best answer I could get washttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-usbvid1bcfpid2c55mi0069e1e39c00000-requires/96fdd181-91a8-41bb-aa48-e909594a1cb8but in the response Chris does not specify which...
  6. Webcam stopped working

Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  7. Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up: Hello I have an HP 15-bs0 laptop with Windows 10 1703 and a Brother MFC-J870DW printer. When it wakes up from sleep, the scanner will not work. Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners detected" I have to reboot the thing to get it going again. Why is this happening, and any...
  8. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  9. webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  10. Windows search stop working after sleep and wake up

in Cortana
    Windows search stop working after sleep and wake up: When the windows goes to sleep and wake up later the start search stop working and need to restart the windows. After restart the search works normal. Is there anyway to make it works without restart? Thank you [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webcam microphone shuts off when pc wakes up

2. 0xA00F4271 media computer failed event-0x800706BE