Windows 10: Webcam stops working shortly after restart

Discus and support Webcam stops working shortly after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Just since a few days my build in laptop webcam works for like 5 seconds after a restart and the stops working. I get the error that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SimonJS, Jan 29, 2021.

1. SimonJS Win User

Webcam stops working shortly after restart

Hello,

Just since a few days my build in laptop webcam works for like 5 seconds after a restart and the stops working. I get the error that the webcam got unplugged. Wenn I reopen the camera app it shows the error: No camera attached.

What can I do? The webcam also doesn´t appear in device manager. On 23.01. windows installed an update, but on monday after the update the webcam still worked.

Best, Simon

:)

SimonJS, Jan 29, 2021

2. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Derekrine Win User
    Built in webcam stopped working - was it a hacker?

Shortly after purchasing my new laptop and using the webcam, my camera stopped working. Was it hacked or is this something that happens often? I have had aother instance on another HP computer where the webcam stopped working all together as well

Derekrine, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Webcam stops working shortly after restart - Similar Threads - Webcam stops working

2. Internal keyboard stops working shortly after not being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal keyboard stops working shortly after not being used: My laptop’s on-board keyboard stops working a couple of seconds after not being in use. As long as I hold a button on the keyboard it continues to function normally.Temporary solutions I have found that allow me to resume using the keyboard are switching my keyboard language...
  3. Internal keyboard stops working shortly after not being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal keyboard stops working shortly after not being used: My laptop’s on-board keyboard stops working a couple of seconds after not being in use. As long as I hold a button on the keyboard it continues to function normally.Temporary solutions I have found that allow me to resume using the keyboard are switching my keyboard language...
  4. Webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  5. laptip webcam stopped working

laptip webcam stopped working: My laptop webcam used to work until recently. It seems like a windows 10 update has affected it. I have a samsung laptop and I have checked my privacy settings good, disabled and enabled drivers, tried the realtech driver and checked for intel drivers to no avail. The...
  6. Webcam stops working after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam stops working after a couple of seconds: Hello all, I'm researching a problem that a couple of computers I know are experiencing. Basically the webcam works for a couple of seconds, just like normal, but then it freezes and goes black. Turning it off - on again will make it work for a couple of seconds, but then it...
  7. Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working

Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working: I went to go use my webcam for an exam that is on my computer and when I got to the webcam check my computer could not detect the camera that is built in. So, I exited out of the exam process and went to camera app now my webcam is not detected at all and I used my webcam...
  8. webcam stopped working

webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  9. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting: For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT...
  10. webcam has stopped working

webcam has stopped working: When I installed Windows 10 my webcam was working okay but now the computer can't detect it and the problem persists after I restart multiple times. I tried looking on Device Manager but couldn't see the webcam there. This is a built-in webcam on a Sony VAIO. Is there any way...