Windows 10: Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working

Discus and support Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I went to go use my webcam for an exam that is on my computer and when I got to the webcam check my computer could not detect the camera that is built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaraBauer, Sep 16, 2020.

1. SaraBauer Win User

Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working

I went to go use my webcam for an exam that is on my computer and when I got to the webcam check my computer could not detect the camera that is built in. So, I exited out of the exam process and went to camera app now my webcam is not detected at all and I used my webcam serval days ago on skype. Is there anyway this can be fixed?

:)

SaraBauer, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Webcam suddenly stopped working!

Hi William,

One of the possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue is due to an outdated or a corrupted webcam driver. We would like to know if you've made any changes on your computer prior to the issue. Usually, disconnecting the webcam, restarting your computer,
    and then connecting it back again help to resolve this concern. You can also try connecting it to other USB ports to isolate the issue. If that doesn't work, we recommend running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following these steps:

1. In the search field on your taskbar, type Control Panel, and then press
    Enter.

2. On the View by options located at the top-right corner of the dialog box, and select
    Large icons.

3. Go to Troubleshooting.

4. On the left panel, select View all.

5. Click Hardware and Devices.

6. Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps under the
    If you have problems with your webcam section of this page.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Webcam Suddenly Stopped

2. webcam stopped working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam stopped working in windows 11: My webcam stopped working in Windows 11. I tried all the fixes I could find with no luck. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-stopped-working-in-windows-11/8e571656-decc-4e82-8709-b3ef9c8c3dc8
  3. External Webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Webcam stopped working: My webcam was working fine, I went for a 15 min break came back and it will no longer show images, it shows it is still getting power, as well the mic that is built in keeps flashing as though it is connecting and disconnecting. In device manager there is no camera showing in...
  4. Webcam stopped working

Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  5. laptip webcam stopped working

laptip webcam stopped working: My laptop webcam used to work until recently. It seems like a windows 10 update has affected it. I have a samsung laptop and I have checked my privacy settings good, disabled and enabled drivers, tried the realtech driver and checked for intel drivers to no avail. The...
  6. Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 Webcam has suddenly stopped working

Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 Webcam has suddenly stopped working: I have got an Acer Aspire V Nitro or to be exact - Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 - running Windows 10 Home preinstalled which I bought in 2016 and which ran just fine until recently when the integrated laptop webcam stopped working all of a sudden. The webcam had been working fine for...
  7. Webcam suddenly not working

Webcam suddenly not working: Hello, At the end of last week I installed the recent July Windows updates and tried to use Skype today and found that my camera is not working. I found some online help and tried a few things like updating the driver, rolling back the driver, uninstalling the driver...
  8. webcam stopped working

webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  9. Anyone with 1909 suddenly webcam not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone with 1909 suddenly webcam not working?: Topic, when I need to video call, my webcam is not detected. It didn’t happen with 1903, but I haven’t tried to revert back to 1903 yet for now. I will do it later tonight after work hours. submitted by /u/EdgarDrake [link] [comments]...
  10. webcam has stopped working

webcam has stopped working: When I installed Windows 10 my webcam was working okay but now the computer can't detect it and the problem persists after I restart multiple times. I tried looking on Device Manager but couldn't see the webcam there. This is a built-in webcam on a Sony VAIO. Is there any way...