Windows 10: WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

Discus and support WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danise Flores, Dec 31, 2022.

1. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand motherboard + cpu + ram bundle and I just thought maybe it was because the webcam was of cheap quality.I bought an a4tech webcam to replace the old webcam and instead of it glitching, the video would go on for 2 seconds and then freeze. Sometimes the error would come out as "0xA00F429F <WindowShowFailed> 0x8007001F"

:)

Danise Flores, Dec 31, 2022
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 31, 2022
  3. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like Test Webcam - testwebcam - check your webcam.
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Dec 31, 2022
  4. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 31, 2022
Thema:

WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

1. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers - Similar Threads - WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT webcam

2. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  3. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  4. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though.When using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the camera in a...
  5. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers: ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand...
  6. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers: ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand...
  7. Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others

Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others: I'm running an Aorus X299 Gaming 7 and an Intel i7-7800X, and I've had issues with USB devices such as my mouse and keyboard before, but this is my first time trying a webcam. Unfortunately, every webcam I've tried doesn't work, except for a DSLR, which leads me to think it...
  8. webcam NOT identified by web navigators although the webcam is well allowed there, but NO...

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam NOT identified by web navigators although the webcam is well allowed there, but NO...: Hello,With Windows 10, my WebCam is no more recognized by any web navigator for example through Facebook or YouTube, althought the access to my webcam is well allowed in these web navigators,BUT my webcam is well recognized by all the apps that do not use direct show on the...
  9. Webcam works on one PC - not other

Webcam works on one PC - not other: I bought a Logitech Quickcam for my desktop Dell. Software was not allowed to load on Win 10! Found a download that would load, but it did not see camera. OK, I loaded same software on my HP laptop with Win 10 and it works fine. What gives?...
  10. webcam is not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    webcam is not working: hi, I have problem with my new computer the camera is not working anymore in video call in fb or skype? My friend say the anti virus block your cam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/webcam-is-not-working/3d3aba08-c7f8-4284-a6de-1c980b6f620e