Windows 10: Webcam UVC Drivers

Discus and support Webcam UVC Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought an AverMedia Live Streamer Cam 313. When I plug it into my computer's Windows 10 x64 USB port, I get this error "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregSutherland, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Webcam UVC Drivers

Hello,

I recently bought an AverMedia Live Streamer Cam 313. When I plug it into my computer's Windows 10 x64 USB port, I get this error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

I contacted the AverMedia tech support and they said the webcam uses UVC protocol and the computer should recognize it. I have plugged in the webcam into multiple ports with the same error code. I've also plugged it into my laptop with the same error code.

Is the webcam defective or can I download drivers to get the webcam to work? AverMedia did not give any drivers when requested and nothing is available from their website.

Thanks in advance.

:)

GregSutherland, Apr 15, 2020

2. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Apr 15, 2020
  3. PC Integrated Web Camera USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam not working

Has anyone come up with solution as to why PC Integrated Web Camera USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam is not working and comes up with the following message in events log.

Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5606&MI_00\7&1ff5eae7&0&0000 requires further installation.

I have tried update drivers, uninstall and install WebCam driver and windows 10 update but still Web Camera is not working.

Any suggestions on how to get the Web Camera up and running would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Steven

StevenJCg2, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Webcam UVC Drivers

Webcam not working - USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please answer these queries, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?

• What is the model of the Asus laptop?

Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel and type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    2. In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

3. Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

4. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

5. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Webcam driver

Uninstall and reinstall the Webcam driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Webcam driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand Webcam driver in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the Webcam driver and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

You may refer to the Microsoft article for additional information and refer to the link, mentioned below.

Camera app and webcams help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: applies to Windows 10.

You can download the drivers for that particular hardware from the manufacturer’s website and install in compatibility mode. Also check with the computer manufacturer to see if there are any updated drivers for Windows 10.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Webcam UVC Drivers

1. Webcam UVC Drivers - Similar Threads - Webcam UVC Drivers

2. USB 2.0 HD UVC Webcam Driver Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 2.0 HD UVC Webcam Driver Update: Hi all, I'm trying to do some updates on my ASUS TUF A17 laptop. I was wondering if there exists any driver updates on this webcam since the software on it is like from 2006. If not, thanks anyways...
  3. USB 2.0 HD UVC Webcam Driver Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 2.0 HD UVC Webcam Driver Update: Hi all, I'm trying to do some updates on my ASUS TUF A17 laptop. I was wondering if there exists any driver updates on this webcam since the software on it is like from 2006. If not, thanks anyways...
  4. Hello Face - USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face - USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Hello,I have purchased an ASUS Vivobook 14 running windows 10, it has a built in webcam listed USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam. The camera works if i open it on the camera app and it picks up my face however i am unable to get this to work for Hello Face.My question is, is this camera...
  5. El controlador Webcam USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam no funciona y no esta instalado.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    El controlador Webcam USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam no funciona y no esta instalado.: El controlador Webcam USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam no funciona y no está instalado, ya reestableci la laptop Asus a fabrica y ni asi por favor necesito ayuda urgente. dejo capturas por favor ayuda...
  6. Problems with Asus USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam

Problems with Asus USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam: Hi! I have a problem with my integrated Asus USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam. It doesn't start when the laptop starts and also the device doesn't appear in device management, but after like 10 - 30 minutes it turns on and works perfectly like nothing happened this time the device...
  7. Built-in camera not working - USB2.0 HD UVC webcam

Built-in camera not working - USB2.0 HD UVC webcam: On my laptop an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 which I bought two weeks ago, the built-in webcam occasionally works, but most of the time does not work in any app. In the camera app, it gives the error message 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and when I look in the Device Manager, it...
  8. usb2.0 vga uvc webcam not working installed on ASUS laptop

usb2.0 vga uvc webcam not working installed on ASUS laptop: Hi, I have a preinstalled webcam on my ASUS Laptop which has suddenly stopped working on msteams. I have already tried the following: 1. Permission settings all checked and granted 2. Driver Updated 3. Unistalled and Reinstalled the webcam 4. Windows all updates...
  9. UVC Driver issue

UVC Driver issue: Hi, I had a bad webcam connected (physically faulty), Now when I connect same model with same PID number as soon as it's being connected in a software program (like AMCAP) it connects and disconnects the USB over and over again, very rapidly, once every 1/2 second or...
  10. ASUS Webcam USB2.0 HD UVC is dark, unusable

ASUS Webcam USB2.0 HD UVC is dark, unusable: I am using an ASUS GL551JW laptop and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been unable to use my webcam. The camera still works, but is completely black unless I hold a light up to it. The only thing you can see is a silhouette of my face, as if I'm a drug dealer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uvc webcam oem41.inf

2. uvc camera driver windows 10