Windows 10: Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update

Discus and support Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dell laptop lost my webcam and my toshiba webcam does not work (says the microphone is messed up but, no picture). This could have occurred after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by john matacola, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update

My dell laptop lost my webcam and my toshiba webcam does not work (says the microphone is messed up but, no picture). This could have occurred after the end of January update for Win 10 insider but, I did not attempt to use between now and then. My device driver on the Dell does not show the camera in any view, the app is installed according to the Windows store (and functions correctly believe it or not-no update needed) The Toshiba Satellite says it functions but has mic probs (unfortunately there is also no pic) The usual error code of lost device???? anything???

:)

john matacola, Feb 3, 2019

2. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Feb 3, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Feb 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update

1. Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update - Similar Threads - Webcam video complete

2. Webcam freezes after 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam freezes after 2 seconds: So I just installed windows 11 and my webcam freezes just after a few seconds. I made sure my drivers were updated. I even used the registry editor to no avail. Even in the camera's app it freezes. I'm unable to stream or do anything no matter what I try. I have an elgato...
  3. Webcam no video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam no video?: Hey guys, I have a Logitech C615 webcam which was working just fine yesterday. I needed to change its USB port and since making the change, it has no video output. I have since returned it to its previous port and the issue persists. My privacy settings are correct, the...
  4. Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.: I have two laptops with same make and same model Identical laptops . I have updated one of laptop to latest BIOS and Windows. I don't have the recovery drive for the laptop which I have updated. Can I create a recovery drive in another laptop NOT UPDATED and use it in the...
  5. LOSS OF WEBCAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOSS OF WEBCAM: After Windows update I lost my Camera completely. If I go to look at my camera a screen comes up and states that camera cannot be found. If I go to my settings - it states that all access to the camera is turned on and assumes I have a camera. Help please....
  6. Complete PC Loss Upon Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete PC Loss Upon Update: Hello, Long story short.. Just bought new Asus 705DY,16gb ddr4,Win10 Home,Ryzen5.. Windows updated Security update and a feature i Believe also, And upon Required Restart Blue screen problems collecting info.. Restarted again got to desktop and unable press buttons...
  7. Completely full laptop after 2 months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely full laptop after 2 months: Hi all, I recently got a new laptop after having the same one for 8 years, and went for a 32GB HP Stream as all of my files are cloud based for my uni work so I only really needed one or two programmes on it. It was working really well, but then two weeks ago it started to...
  8. Using an external webcam for photos and video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an external webcam for photos and video: Hi. I have a C922 Pro Stream Webcam that I use for video calls and would like to use it to take photos and record videos on my laptop. In my integrated camera settings there is no option to switch cameras and I can't figure out how to make my external webcam override my...
  9. Device Census is using webcam

Device Census is using webcam: These replies have not been helpful. How can Microsoft justify using the webcam on MY laptop without my SPECIFIC approval. What an invasion of my privacy. Is this not arrogance on the part of Microsift? Have I misunderstood? If so, I am willing to apoligise for my ignorance....
  10. Webcam microphone stoped function properly after updates. Another update, another issue.

Webcam microphone stoped function properly after updates. Another update, another issue.: Hello, Another update, another issue. This seems to be a constant issue on my system with updates for Windows 10. The last issue was the USB ports not working. As of mid June 2018 my Logitech Webcam microphone started this chipmunk sound to my voice. I have encountered...