Windows 10: Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

Discus and support Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the same issue as this previous question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kylePirate, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

I have the same issue as this previous question

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/webcam-wont-work-in-any-browser-works-for-other/523c4dfe-3db6-4817-99fb-e5873eb4fc6f

---

I have no problem using the built-in webcam for Windows Hello login, Skype, or Zoom. It will not, however, work in any web browser; I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. For Chrome and Edge, it does not prompt for permission and does not list any cameras available ie: in Google Meet. For Firefox, when I access a page using the webcam, it simply crashes.

I've checked the browser permissions, and the Windows privacy permissions. The latter is enabled, but the browsers are not listed among the set of applications requesting permission. Oddly Skype always shows up in the 'Allow desktop apps...' list as 'Currently in use', even when Skype is fully closed as verified via Task Manager.

Any ideas?

---

I can only add that from my perspective, other people's webcam devices are just as broken as mine. For Discord, I couldn't hear anyone while in the voice chat, they couldn't hear me either... but that indicates that it wasn't merely my webcam's output that was busted. for the record, no, their stuff worked fine and they were talking around me

For Roll 20 it's the same. I can access the page on Firefox but not on Chrome, it just never finished loading and interact with the page, but my camera and audio was turned off, and from my perspective everyone else's was too.

In Meet.google.com it did crash as it finished loading me into the entry space.

I haven't tried skype, zoom, or google hangouts.

:)

kylePirate, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Digicrat Win User

Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

I have no problem using the built-in webcam for Windows Hello login, Skype, or Zoom. It will not, however, work in any web browser; I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. For Chrome and Edge, it does not prompt for permission and does not list any cameras
    available (ie: in Google Meet). For Firefox, when I access a page using the webcam, it simply crashes.

I've checked the browser permissions, and the Windows privacy permissions. The latter is enabled, but the browsers are not listed among the set of applications requesting permission. Oddly Skype always shows up in the 'Allow desktop apps...' list as 'Currently
    in use', even when Skype is fully closed (as verified via Task Manager).

Any ideas?

Digicrat, Apr 11, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Apr 11, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

Skype webcam sound won't work

Does any other microphone (like a gaming headset) work? If it does, then the webcam microphone is not working.

temp02, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications - Similar Threads - Webcam won't browser

2. The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications: The keyboard is not working anywhere in the windows also I tried on screen keyboard same problem, but they working fine on any other applications anyone have clue about where is the problem?...
  3. The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications: The keyboard is not working anywhere in the windows also I tried on screen keyboard same problem, but they working fine on any other applications anyone have clue about where is the problem?...
  4. The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications: I have no problem using the built-in webcam for Windows Hello login, Skype, or Zoom. It will not, however, work in any web browser; I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. For Chrome and Edge, it does not prompt for permission and does not list any cameras available ie: in...
  6. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications: I have no problem using the built-in webcam for Windows Hello login, Skype, or Zoom. It will not, however, work in any web browser; I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. For Chrome and Edge, it does not prompt for permission and does not list any cameras available ie: in...
  7. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

9. "Webcam" works in camera app, but crashes in other applications

"Webcam" works in camera app, but crashes in other applications: I recently bought one of those cheap action cameras you see floating around on Amazon in order to participate in online meetings. This particular model has a "PC mode", when essentially exposes itself as an input device to Windows. The driver used when the camera is connected...
  10. Webcam won't work on Hangouts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Webcam won't work on Hangouts: My webcam stopped working on Hangouts but is till working on Cortana and some other apps. At first my HP 3110 webcam worked well at resolution of 720 p but something went wrong and Hangout stopped to accept the video but only sound. I plugged my webcam into the different USB...