Windows 10: Webcam works but not in FB Live?

Discus and support Webcam works but not in FB Live? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When trying to launch Facebook Live Video I get the error message, "Unable to find camera". I have checked both Chrome browser security settings as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by deckm00, Dec 23, 2018.

1. deckm00 Win User

Webcam works but not in FB Live?

When trying to launch Facebook Live Video I get the error message, "Unable to find camera". I have checked both Chrome browser security settings as well as FB security settings and they are both set to allow microphone and camera. I've also done the same from Device Center. The on-board cam works fine in the camera app as well as with Skype. I can launch FB Live Video from my Macbook so I know it's not an account related issue.

Windows 10 is up to date as well as Chrome and I've updated my drivers from Lenovo (after the issue appeared). It worked once before so I can only surmise that some Windows or other update killed it but who knows?

My Lenovo Yoga 920 is only a few months old, fwiw.

Thanks! *Confused

:)

deckm00, Dec 23, 2018

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Del 80 Win User
    Pictures From A Live Webcam

O.k..Have had this problem for a while now, there is another thread on it somewhere, I view a live webcam in a favourite holiday location and used to be able to save images from it to my desktop, I cannot do this any more, it saves the images as PNG, I can convert them to JPEG, but still can't view them, the suggested way around this problem was to take screenshots of the images, which works, but is far from ideal......anyone else had this problem ?.......Del.

Del 80, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Webcam works but not in FB Live?

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Webcam works but not in FB Live?

1. Webcam works but not in FB Live? - Similar Threads - Webcam works Live

2. FB Gameroom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FB Gameroom: I have FB game room disabled at start-up but it still starts at startup. It worked fine until maybe 2 months ago about the same time my computer won't go into sleep on it's own https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fb-gameroom/e481f61b-d600-4902-b0f2-9da9c3e285be
  3. FB Games.

in Windows 10 Customization
    FB Games.: whenever I load SuperCity, I can only stay on game for 1-3mins! I knocked off flash player on my other games and stopped playing them as fb stopped using it on 31/12/2020. Do not understand why SC keeps freezing, blank screen comes up and/or a box stating unsafe software!...
  4. live skyline webcam not working anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    live skyline webcam not working anymore: Cant see any live Skyline webcams all of a sudden after looking at them for ages. What have I changed or done wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-skyline-webcam-not-working-anymore/f8dabbaa-e03d-4a95-b668-b1604dc8147e
  5. Stopping FB Notificiations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping FB Notificiations: Hi there, So I have Windows 10 home version. When I first installed it, I did use the Facebook app it came with, but decided to stop using it since I dont' use facebook on a computer anymore, only my phone. I have uninstalled the tile yet I am still getting birthday...
  6. Webcam not working.

Webcam not working.: [ATTACH] Hi there, I got this message when I tried to open my camera. I have completed all the recommended steps on Windows help, with no success. Can somebody please help? Regards, Brendan....
  7. Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not working: I have an HP Spectre 365 that had Windows 10 from the start, I recently tried to attend a Zoom mtg only to find out the Webcam isn't working. I went through all the recommended fixes to no avail. I went to Device Manager and camera was not listed on it's own or under...
  8. Uninstalling fb on laptop..........

Uninstalling fb on laptop..........: if I uninstalll facebook on laptop, does it uninstall on iPhone as well?? Viruses seem to be attached to fb on laptop, but not on iPhone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-fb-on-laptop/74ec5ae6-4590-4875-b5bc-b41168dae13c
  9. Pictures From A Live Webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures From A Live Webcam: O.k..Have had this problem for a while now, there is another thread on it somewhere, I view a live webcam in a favourite holiday location and used to be able to save images from it to my desktop, I cannot do this any more, it saves the images as PNG, I can convert them to...
  10. FB app

FB app: How do you reinstall the original FB app that came with windows 10? Is the FB app in the windows store the same app the came with windows 10? 93512