Windows 10: Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

Discus and support Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a webcam Logitech C615 for my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and the audio/sound works. However, it only shows a black screen on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yucat, Aug 11, 2020.

1. yucat Win User

Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

Hello, I recently bought a webcam Logitech C615 for my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and the audio/sound works. However, it only shows a black screen on any application camera, Discord, Logitech Camera settings, etc. I tried updating the drivers, uninstalling, rebooting, checking the camera privacy settings, and all but it doesn't change. I also heard the antivirus software might be the cause mine is McAfee but there doesn't seem to be anything. My integrated webcam works, but not this USB webcam. What are some steps I should take? Thank you!

Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen ed8d6170-e97a-4620-8589-26fb5cece4df?upload=true.jpg

:)

yucat, Aug 11, 2020

2. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. My laptop webcam used to work perfectly. But I swap hard-drives (i use it on 2 different PC's) because I keep my personal data on it. The hard-drive has Windows 10 installed and is working. I open the camera app and
    the webcam shows up and works, I go to google chrome (Desktop App) and on webcamtest and it works there too. But when I open Zoom, the webcam light turns on but shows a black screen. The privacy settings are all turned on, camera work fine, drivers are updated
    but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do I've tried everything. (I told about the hard-drive because it could be a problem too). Any solution to this?

IbrahimPlays, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

missing webcam drivers dell laptop

I do not have any webcam drivers listed for my laptop, Dell Support does not have any listed on their support page to download. Dell says

Windows 10 will download them on it's own. Please help me do this, every help page on Microsoft says to go to the manufacturers webpage to download the specific driver... please see below text from dell's website.

• "Drivers for Integrated Webcams are pre-installed with Microsoft Windows and require no specific driver to be installed."

MatthewBeven, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

1. Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen - Similar Threads - Webcam works Dell

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Webcam not working: Hello guys! I recently opened my old Inspiron N5110 and upgraded it with an SSD and planning to do some RAM upgrades. It is a great machine; however, the camera doesn't seem to be working. It already had Windows 10 I don't remember when I installed it?I don't know if it is a...
  5. Dell Webcam not working

Dell Webcam not working: Hello guys! I recently opened my old Inspiron N5110 and upgraded it with an SSD and planning to do some RAM upgrades. It is a great machine; however, the camera doesn't seem to be working. It already had Windows 10 I don't remember when I installed it?I don't know if it is a...
  6. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My webcam is showing black screen on browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My webcam is showing black screen on browsers: My camera application is working fine. I had the black screen problem on Zoom but I solved it by following "Zoom Settings -> Video -> Advanced, Setting Video Capturing Method to Media Foundation". I experienced no problem on Skype.However, it shows black screen on all...
  8. Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen: My Lenovo's integrated webcam is not working. When I launch the camera app, the camera light turns on but the image remains black, and when I close the camera app, the light remains on indefinitely. Because of this, I don't even know if the camera was truly "on" in the first...
  9. Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working

Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working: Dell laptop build in webcam stopped working. Get error code: 0xA00F4244<noCameraAreAttached. Privacy settings are all on. In Device Manager I do not get a Camera option....
  10. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps: Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. My laptop webcam used to work perfectly. But I swap hard-drives i use it on 2 different PC's because I keep my personal data on it. The hard-drive has Windows 10 installed and is working. I open the camera app and the webcam shows up and...