Windows 10: Webcam works on one PC - not other

Discus and support Webcam works on one PC - not other in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Logitech Quickcam for my desktop Dell. Software was not allowed to load on Win 10! Found a download that would load, but it did not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TBear990, Jun 15, 2020.

1. TBear990 Win User

Webcam works on one PC - not other

I bought a Logitech Quickcam for my desktop Dell. Software was not allowed to load on Win 10! Found a download that would load, but it did not see camera. OK, I loaded same software on my HP laptop with Win 10 and it works fine.

What gives?

:)

TBear990, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Webcam works on one PC - not other

windows 10 webcam not working

Thank you for the information.

To resolve your webcam issue, we suggest uninstalling the webcam drivers and scan for hardware changes. Here are the steps:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Select Properties.
    • Choose the Driver tab, click Uninstall, select
      Delete the driver software for this device, and hit OK.
    • In the Device Manager, select Action tab, click
      Scan for hardware changes. (Note: It will scan and reinstall the updated drivers on your PC.)
    • Once done, restart your computer, open the Camera app, and check if that will do the trick.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Webcam works on one PC - not other

1. Webcam works on one PC - not other - Similar Threads - Webcam works

2. Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11: My webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with Windows 11. It is not appearing in the Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working-in-hp-omen-laptop-with-windows/de9a2b93-8486-4f06-9316-5d1e21258e85
  3. Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with windows 11: My webcam not working in HP Omen Laptop with Windows 11. It is not appearing in the Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working-in-hp-omen-laptop-with-windows/de9a2b93-8486-4f06-9316-5d1e21258e85
  4. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  5. My Webcam only works in OBS.

My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  6. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though.When using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the camera in a...
  7. My intergrated webcam connected to this computer works on evry other app apart from browsers

My intergrated webcam connected to this computer works on evry other app apart from browsers: I have tried Discord and skype and they all work great on those apps but when i try to use it on a browser it doesnt work and most apps say that i have denied access to them but i haven't I also found this question but there was never a resoulution?...
  8. My intergrated webcam connected to this computer works on evry other app apart from browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My intergrated webcam connected to this computer works on evry other app apart from browsers: I have tried Discord and skype and they all work great on those apps but when i try to use it on a browser it doesnt work and most apps say that i have denied access to them but i haven't I also found this question but there was never a resoulution?...
  9. My intergrated webcam connected to this computer works on evry other app apart from browsers

10. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

2 Webcams but only 1 mic working: I have 2 Lenovo Idea pad Flex 5 laptops with Win 10 - this problem occurs on both, but not on my Acer Nitro 5.So I want to use 2 external Webcams Logitech C920s & Anker C200 with OBSBoth Webcams work on their own, but if both are plugged in the cameras work but only one mic...