Windows 10: Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.

Discus and support Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app on laptop but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. Error message is SKYPE Camera is not installed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul0504, May 4, 2020.

1. Paul0504 Win User

Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.

Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app on laptop but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. Error message is SKYPE Camera is not installed or being used by another application and GoTo Meeting Webcam is not detected

:)

Paul0504, May 4, 2020
  2. AlexInOZ Win User

Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10

The Dell XPS 2720 is an all-in-one with an integrated webcam. Skype worked perfectly on Win 7 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I can no longer make video calls. To eliminate Skype as the source of the problem, I tried a third party product (www.testwebcam.com) as well as the Win 10 inbuilt Camera App. Both exhibited the same behaviour as Skype, i.e. the webcam light came on but no image appeared on the display screen, it remained dark.

In an effort to fix the problem I tried the following:

1. Logged onto the Dell site and updated the drivers. Five were installed but it had no effect.

2. Ran the Win 10 Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. No webcam issues were reported.

3. Using the Control Panel Device Manager, expanded the list of Imaging Devices, clicked on Integrated Webcam listed there, uninstalled it, and rebooted the machine. That had no effect.

4. Uninstalled Skype and reinstalled the latest version in a last ditch attempt to fix the problem, which needless to say didn't work.

That's exhausted my ideas. Would very much appreciate your help.

AlexInOZ, May 4, 2020
  3. Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts

Hello all!

I have some strange problem with my webcam.
    When I open the Camera app I get "Something went wrong" 0xa00f4273 error.
    ... and the application crashes after that

In Skype/Hangouts the camera is working BUT the frame rates per seconds are very low - around 5. So the picture is really laggy.

My driver is: USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam. Device manager says the driver is up-to-date. In ASUS's website there aren't any webcam drivers.

Do you have any suggestions? Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. :)

Best regards,
    Marin

mdzhigarov, May 4, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. - Similar Threads - Webcam works Camera

2. Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.: So recently, my webcam stopped working on Facebook but it still works in the camera app.All autorisations are on for the webcam and mic.The weird thing is if I unplug my speakers it works...I have not idea why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks...
  3. Camera does not work in zoom meetings, does work in settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera does not work in zoom meetings, does work in settings.: My zoom webcam was working at one point but not anymore. When I go to settings, the camera clicks in but then I go back into the meeting and I get the message "Cannot Start Video". Any help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  4. Camera not working with Skype

Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  5. Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps: Hi. Camera works in every app - the "Camera" app, Teams, Zoom - without problem. But it doesn't work only in Skype. It happened after update to Skype 8.66. I tried - reset pc, reinstall Skype 8.66, uninstall, install older version 8.60, 8.56, 8.39. - install last...
  6. laptop camera not working with meeting apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop camera not working with meeting apps: It appears that my laptop camera does not work with Zoom, Join.Me or WebEx because of incompatibility with Windows 10. Microsoft does not have any information addressing this that I can find. I did uninstall and reinstall Zoom, and checked that I have latest version of...
  7. Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera: I can see the camera HP Webcam HD2300 in the device manager. the software is up to date. When I open zoom settings the camera is working. However, when I make zoom calls the camera is not working. This started happening yesterday in Teams and it affects everything. I...
  8. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  9. Webcam camera not working

Webcam camera not working: Hi all, I'd like to benefit from your expertise as I feel I've exhausted close to all options in trying to fix the camera of my laptop. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB laptop which uses the Lenovo EasyCamera webcam. I have checked the privacy settings, all is okay...
  10. Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app

Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app: Hi, I'm having trouble with my Logitech C170 webcam - when I open Skype or the Windows Camera app, it just shows a dark/ green screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I try Facebook video call, it says "hardware access error". Using a desktop PC with Windows 10 (all latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go to meeting webcam works on preview but not in meeting?

2. camera on work on go to meeting

3. camera not working properly windows 10 on team meetings