Windows 10: Webcamera - camera only shows gray screen - cannot take picture nor see person on other end

Discus and support Webcamera - camera only shows gray screen - cannot take picture nor see person on other end in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried Webcam for the first time and we could see the person sending request and we had sound, audio, BUT our camera will not work. We only have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeMac_972, Aug 1, 2020.

1. LeMac_972 Win User

Webcamera - camera only shows gray screen - cannot take picture nor see person on other end

Tried Webcam for the first time and we could see the person sending request and we had sound, audio, BUT our camera will not work. We only have a blank gray screen. When I go to Device Manager and click on Camera Integrated Webcam there is a RED X and a down arrow. I've uninstalled, rebooted, checked my security everywhere and everything is ON. What am I missing? This is a new DELL desktop Inspiron. Thank you for any suggestions.

:)

LeMac_972, Aug 1, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Personalization Screen

When I go to Personalization/Lock Screen the pictures are real faint,like grayed out. Is this normal ? It will not let me change the picture here,is this normal. Thanks for any suggestion you may have.

Z

zplugger, Aug 1, 2020
  3. papazeke Win User
    camera only shows a dark screen

when I open Windows camera there is no image only a black screen. It takes a picture but I can't see it in the viewer

papazeke, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Webcamera - camera only shows gray screen - cannot take picture nor see person on other end

Lock screen picture won't change

Before April 29th I could personalize my windows 10 lock screen picture. Now when I try to change it, the preview goes gray and shows the "circle icon" that it's trying to bring it up. Nothing happens. Slideshow doesn't work either. Only Windows spotlight
    comes up with one picture in the gray preview area, but no other choices. I have read some other suggestions on the microsoft site, but they either are too technical (and old) OR just tells me to go to settings for personalization...which use to work.

SherFL2016, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Webcamera - camera only shows gray screen - cannot take picture nor see person on other end

1. Webcamera - camera only shows gray screen - cannot take picture nor see person on other end - Similar Threads - Webcamera camera shows

2. Have an HP 5M camera, but I cannot the picture to show on my screen when I select "Take...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have an HP 5M camera, but I cannot the picture to show on my screen when I select "Take...: It shows a file #ID but screen is solid black. I have checked camera settings and everything needed seems to be selected"ON"So can't understand why I cannot take a picture mugshot using this feature. One of my vendors wants a screenshot of meas part of their security when I...
  3. Have an HP 5M camera, but I cannot the picture to show on my screen when I select "Take...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have an HP 5M camera, but I cannot the picture to show on my screen when I select "Take...: It shows a file #ID but screen is solid black. I have checked camera settings and everything needed seems to be selected"ON"So can't understand why I cannot take a picture mugshot using this feature. One of my vendors wants a screenshot of meas part of their security when I...
  4. camera not working on other person's end for televisit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working on other person's end for televisit: I put the camera on ON under settings. I could see myself on the camera on my laptop but the other person could not.I may have disable it somewhere else at one time.How do i fix this thanks...
  5. camera not working on other person's end for televisit

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera not working on other person's end for televisit: I put the camera on ON under settings. I could see myself on the camera on my laptop but the other person could not.I may have disable it somewhere else at one time.How do i fix this thanks...
  6. camera not working on other person's end for televisit

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Camera only shows black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera only shows black screen: I have an Acer laptop that uses Windows 10 and has a built-in webcam. I can turn the camera on with the camera app. The green light lights up and I get a popup on my screen that says "camera on" but all I see is a black screen. The camera is not covered up by anything and...
  8. Camera Not taking picture.

Camera Not taking picture.: Hi, I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop. If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing message on screen but when I click take photo button , some click sound is coming and it is NOT capturing photo. I have...
  9. Camera not working, gray screen

Camera not working, gray screen: Hello, My camera is not working. In Settings, Allow Camera is ON. The Drivers are updated. The anti-virus doesn't seem to be a problem, when disabled the camera is still not working. Any idea how I can solve this? Windows 10 / EasyCamera...
  10. Personal Picture shows as background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal Picture shows as background: HP Envy Windows 10 Until I sign onto Windows 10, my HP laptop originally would show nature scene pics, chosen by Windows. (You may recall such pics would changed to a new nature scene every couple days.) Now, my laptop displays a personal picture of mine (the same...