Windows 10: Webcamera's and Mics

Discus and support Webcamera's and Mics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two Kodak D101 Webcamera's plus a camera on my laptop and couldn't get any of them to work tonight for a video conference. I tried them on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Soapm Win User

Webcamera's and Mics

I have two Kodak D101 Webcamera's plus a camera on my laptop and couldn't get any of them to work tonight for a video conference. I tried them on my Sony sve14135cxb which has a native camera that I also can't seem to get working. We have an HP all in one with a camera that we couldn't get to work and another Dell with a native camera and couldn't get it to work either???
    Long story, because of the virus our church tried to hold bible study on Zoom net meeting tonight. Out of 17 participants, I had video and sound with my iPad (but I needed it for my bible) and one other person had video and sound working but no one seemed to be able to get video and sound working from their computers. I remember a bug where people could turn on your camera and mic without you knowing so was wondering did Microsoft somehow cripple them?

Any suggestions how can I can get everyone working by Sunday, we plan to hold Sunday school via net meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have added, according to device manage both camera's are there, I just can't get the zoom software to see them. Is there a way to test the camera? Is there a way to test the built in mic and trace down where the stoppage might be?

Webcamera's and Mics [​IMG]

:)

Soapm, Mar 25, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Webcamera's and Mics

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Webcamera's and Mics

1. Webcamera's and Mics - Similar Threads - Webcamera's Mics

2. why doesn't windows recognize my mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why doesn't windows recognize my mic?: I bought a wireless AKG Y500 headphone. It also includes a wire to use them connected to the PC. The mic that includes the headset itself works perfectly but the mic that's in the wire isn't recognized by Windows. I prefer using the headphone connected through wire but for...
  3. Mic not picking up voice

Mic not picking up voice: Hi when i try to use my mic on my computer it doesn’t pick up my voice and usually just echos Whatever is playing on my computer of i test it on discord i have tried many things like a new headset but even then nothing changes even looking into the realtek audio manager...
  4. Mic is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic is not working: Hi, My desktop has a jack in the front for the audio/mic combo and speaker jack in the back. My headset has two male parts to enter to the computer. I decided to buy a female adapter that will take in the audio and mic to plug into the singular jack in the front. For...
  5. New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic!

New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic!: I got my new computer today, and all was good until I put in the mic...nothing. Removing the ordinary mic also stopped the software for the mic showing up. however neither USB mic nor comms mic input worked. I have tried the usual things, but nothing seems to get the machine...
  6. Audio not being inputed through my headset. Only the laptop mic.

Audio not being inputed through my headset. Only the laptop mic.: So I have my acer laptop that has a built in mic. I have a headset that I have plugged it and I can hear and still play and stuff. But I would prefer to use the headset mic that is attached to it rather than the laptop mic so I can be heard better. When I plug my headset in,...
  7. Playstation 4 controller mic and sound

Playstation 4 controller mic and sound: Is there any way to plug your headset into the ps4 controller, and have the headset work? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playstation-4-controller-mic-and-sound/778f3edc-54ad-4459-b76e-0b665aa026e2
  8. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...
  9. Webcamera's and Mics

Webcamera's and Mics: I have two Kodak D101 Webcamera's plus a camera on my laptop and couldn't get any of them to work tonight for a video conference. I tried them on my Sony sve14135cxb which has a native camera that I also can't seem to get working. We have an HP all in one with a camera that...
  10. Microsoft LifeCam HD 6000 Webcamera is not recognized

Microsoft LifeCam HD 6000 Webcamera is not recognized: Hi. 1 year ago I bought this camera, and since then I didnt have any problems. I barely used the camera, I would say I used it once in a month. I actually used the camera yesterday and the day before too. But today something happened that I don't quite understand. I was...