Windows 10: WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting with EdgeHTML 14.14291, the open-source WebM container format and the VP9 video and Opus audio codecs are supported in Microsoft Edge. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge

Source: WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2016

2. When will Edge browser render a Webm (aka VP8) video file?

Hi,

Based on our resources, Microsoft Edge will support VP9 instead of VP8, along with WebM and Opus Support.

You can see this link for more information about
    WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge.

Regards.

PreciousLeb, Apr 17, 2016
  3. When is Edge getting .webm support?

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

WebM is a royalty free HTML 5 video file format and distributed under an open source license. Many community members have been calling on Microsoft to support this format for quite some time. As of Sept 1, Microsoft has stated that they are now actively
    working on adding this format to their Edge browser. For more information on WebM and VP9 support please refer to the following Windows blog:

Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Now in plain English, that means... er... what?

Fafhrd, Apr 18, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    They want our feedback. That's simple, isn't it? *Confused

AndreTen, Apr 18, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    I'm with my Siberian Husky, Tikaani, on this - I do nothing unless there's something (tasty) in it for me.

I think that MS is saying that now we have decided that Optical disk distribution of media is dead, and folks should not possess software and data (the first law of MicroSotics, apologies to Asimov), merely process, or enjoy it, as long as it remains profitable to MS, we shall concentrate on streaming technologies and have invested in new codecs that will favour our model of (the second law of MicroSotics) that profit shall be our only motive except where it contradicts the first law, and that no individual shall attempt to contravene the first or second laws, since it will harm them in unwritten ways (the third law of MicroSotics).

Fafhrd, Apr 18, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    *Roflmao2

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - WebM VP9 Opus

2. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  3. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  4. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge: Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed Microsoft Edge on my Netbook. It is not working properly, so I have tried to uninstall it several times. When I try to uninstall, it...
  5. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge: Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed Microsoft Edge on my Netbook. It is not working properly, so I have tried to uninstall it several times. When I try to uninstall, it...
  6. MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos: This started happening after the latest update. What happens is, when I try to download a webm video file, it only displays the Open dialog and launches my external video player (mpv) and streams the video from the link. It doesn't save the file even temporarily. I've already...
  7. Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?: And does it have all of the "essentials" like ad blocking? 19421
  8. Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce that WebM/VP9 support is now in development in Microsoft Edge. VP9 is an open source codec that offers efficient compression to stream HD content at lower bitrates, and is well suited to UHD streaming. Initial support for VP9 will be available...
  9. Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has finally accepted the long awaited change of embracing the open source and royalty free" video format "WebM" developed by Google natively in the browser. Earlier today, Microsoft updated its "Native WebM" UserVoice suggestion site for Microsoft Edge...
  10. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge VP9 Extension in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge VP9 Extension in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge VP9 Extension in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable VP9 Codec Extension in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webm with vp9 support

2. vp9 disable microsoft edge chromium