Windows 10: Webp Image Extensions

Discus and support Webp Image Extensions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to terminate Webp Image Extensions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-image-extensions/42a19481-9715-48fe-a0e4-2fd03382ed9f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kateswander-smith, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Webp Image Extensions

How to terminate Webp Image Extensions

:)

kateswander-smith, Nov 4, 2019

2. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue.

sugarcookieee, Nov 4, 2019
  3. DaveM_AUS Win User
    Does Windows 10 support the image format "webp" for Desktop Backgrounds?

Does Windows 10 support the image format "webp" for Desktop Backgrounds?

I read that MS Edge supports the image format, and I'm wondering if that extends to the Backgrounds feature.

DaveM_AUS, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Webp Image Extensions

HEIF Image Extensions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community

High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format is used for photos to keep down file sizes. It can also use the codes like HEVC to significantly improve file compression, while providing a netter image quality. I would request you to install the codecs:

HEIF Image Extensions
    and

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

If you are having issues installing like you mentioned query, I would suggestion you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Webp Image Extensions

1. Webp Image Extensions - Similar Threads - Webp Image Extensions

2. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  3. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  4. Microsoft WebP Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft WebP Image Extensions: I had the problem of dark images in Windows Preview. I downloaded the WebP Codec from Google and uninstalled the one from Microsoft. Now, everyday the Microsoft WebP Image Extensions gets reinstalled by itself. I'm guessing it gets reinstalled when I open Edge. Any way to fix...
  5. How to Convert WEBP image to JPG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Convert WEBP image to JPG: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-webp-image-to-jpg/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  6. Heif Image Extension

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Heif Image Extension: I loaded this extension and now wish to delete it as it does not work. It did allow me to open heic files at first, but now I am getting "we can't open this file message" when I try to open a new heic image from friends or my own phone. I tried a "reset" several times but...
  7. WebP images are not images

WebP images are not images: WebP images are not treated as images: thumbnails are not displayed, cannot be used as background etc. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-images-are-not-images/82ea8f94-d7af-414d-a6e8-d7255a820e5b"
  8. Open WebP images on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  9. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images: How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue....
  10. HEIF Image Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIF Image Extensions: Dear Support Team, Would it be possible to install HEIF image extensions without internet? Can we download the app first from internet and then install it in other computer? Thanks a lot. (app link:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall webp image extensions app