Windows 10: WebP images are not images

Discus and support WebP images are not images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WebP images are not treated as images: thumbnails are not displayed, cannot be used as background etc. Why is that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yecril, Feb 8, 2020.

1. yecril Win User

WebP images are not images

WebP images are not treated as images: thumbnails are not displayed, cannot be used as background etc. Why is that?

:)

yecril, Feb 8, 2020

2. Webp Image Extensions

How to terminate Webp Image Extensions

kateswander-smith, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Open WebP images on Photos app

Hi

How to Open WebP images on
    Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer.

Siamak5561, Feb 8, 2020
  4. WebP images are not images

Windows Photo Viewer (in windows 10) can view Webp file, but the image become dark

Hello, my name is Arif Ahmed, Windows Advisor.

I would be happy to help you.

I believe this is a photo rendering issue. If the webp images are rendered this way in WPV then there is little we can do. But I would suggest you to kindly open these webp images at another app save as another format which is perfectly rendered in WPV.

ArifAhmed2, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

WebP images are not images

1. WebP images are not images - Similar Threads - WebP images are

2. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  3. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  4. Microsoft WebP Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft WebP Image Extensions: I had the problem of dark images in Windows Preview. I downloaded the WebP Codec from Google and uninstalled the one from Microsoft. Now, everyday the Microsoft WebP Image Extensions gets reinstalled by itself. I'm guessing it gets reinstalled when I open Edge. Any way to fix...
  5. "Webp" image format is driving me nuts, Whack-A-Mole

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Webp" image format is driving me nuts, Whack-A-Mole: When the "webp" image format started appearing on the web, I download a codec to for it, and it mostly worked, but Windows Photo Viewer showed it darkened for some odd reason. (I don't like the newer Microsoft "Photos" viewer. It's optimized for fingers, not mice. Mice didn't...
  6. How to Convert WEBP image to JPG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Convert WEBP image to JPG: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-webp-image-to-jpg/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  7. Open WebP images on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  8. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Webp Image Extensions: How to terminate Webp Image Extensions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-image-extensions/42a19481-9715-48fe-a0e4-2fd03382ed9f
  9. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images: How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue....
  10. Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format: Microsoft remains committed to the Edge browser and the company recently announced that they have started implementing support for Google’s WebP image format in Windows 10’s default browser. Today Microsoft published a new extension in the Store called “WebP Images format”...