Windows 10: Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

Discus and support Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Odd problem here. When using the site www.ava.org, the links across the top like Clubs and Events should have drop downs. On Windows 7 and 8, the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Joepolicy, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Joepolicy Win User

Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

Odd problem here. When using the site www.ava.org, the links across the top like Clubs and Events should have drop downs. On Windows 7 and 8, the dropdowns work fine with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. On Windows 10, the dropdowns only work in Edge. I have tried this on a desktop, a laptop and a Surface 4 and get the same result with all browsers tested. Windows 10 is fully patched / updated on all three machines.

The only workaround for Chrome was to install the IE Tab Extension and install Java to the Windows 10 machine. The dropdowns work fine in the IE Tab extension, but not natively in Chrome, Chrome Canary, Chromium. Firefox or Opera have no workarounds. I tried starting each with no extensions, no plugins, incognito mode for Chrome all to no avail. One machine was a fresh install, no A/V installed.

Since the web page works fine with all browsers on Windows 7 and 8, this tells me the issue is being causes by something in Windows 10. Safe mode made no difference. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

:)

Joepolicy, Apr 23, 2016

2. Share using Microsoft Edge

Hi Kathy,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have in sharing webpages on Microsoft Edge.

Please follow the below steps to know how to share websites in Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Edge.

2. Tap the Share button on the top right while the page you want to share is open.

3. Press the dropdown arrow next to the page's name to pick the format you wish to share. You can post the page as a screenshot or Web page (.html).

4. Select the channel through which you wish to post. Edge only supports sharing via apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Mail and OneNote, and these apps must be installed on your system before you can use them on Edge and follow the screen instructions.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 23, 2016
  3. PatSRQ Win User
    Problem with dropdown menu on a Windows Touchscreen using Microsoft Edge and IE

I deleted the browser history for both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge (I assume that is what you meant by "resetting") and the dropdowns still don't work.

Does the dropdown menu for http://wgm.org/r-home work on your Windows 10 touchscreen devices in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge (using touch)?

PatSRQ, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Ray14120 Win User

Hi,..

I have no real suggestions for you, but I tried the link you provided on two different 10 machines. Each machine has 3 browsers....( Firefox, IE11, and Edge. Each machine is fully updated.

Firefox, ( Fully Updated ) IE 11, and Edge . I can get the dropdowns to work in IE 11 and Edge, But the dropdowns will not work in Firefox.

Ray14120, Apr 24, 2016
  5. snoopy51 Win User
    Joe:

Out of curiosity, I tried the site ava.org and tested the dropdown as described by you.
    I don't have any problem with the drop down in Chrome, Firefox, IE 11 and Edge.
    The version I have are:

Chrome 50.0.266.187 m
    Firefox 45.0.2
    IE 11 11.212.10586.0
    Edge 25.10586.0.0

What version of browsers you have installed?

snoopy51, Apr 24, 2016
  6. Joepolicy Win User
    Tested with:

Firefox 45.0.2
    Chrome 50.0.2661.87 m

It already works in IE and Edge, and with Windows 7 or 8, Firefox and Chrome work just fine. We polled out users, we have over 200 responses of Firefox and Chrome not working under Window 10, so I would love to see what setting you have turned on or off that allowed both Firefox and Chrome to work on your Windows 10 installation. I have tried many settings and nothing works. It is definitely not the browser, something in the OS is preventing the browsers from working properly. Typical Microsoft, they make sure their bundled browsers are compatible and leave the third party, superior browsers out to dry. It is very frustrating.

Joe

Joepolicy, Apr 24, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    I don't know what to say. I tried on four different Windows 10 machines(Both Pro and Home) with local accounts and Microsoft accounts.
    They all worked flawlessly. In fact, one machine has Firefox 43 and Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m. No problem detected.

The only Chrome extensions I used was Adblock Plus, Google Docs, Google Docs Offline, Google Sheets and Google Slices. No extra options turn on/off. In fact, I just used the standard options from Firefox with the exception of Adblock Plus.

Sounds like you have some responses from your users rather than on your machines? Am I correct?

snoopy51, Apr 24, 2016
  8. Joepolicy Win User

I have personally tested on three machines, desktop, laptop and a surface pro 4 and none work. We started getting complaints from users a while back but did not think much of it at the time as many of our users are older and tend to use what comes with Windows. When we started asking specifically, we now have response from 254 users with Windows 10 where either Chrome or Opera or Firefox do not work. Since all three browsers work every time in Windows 7 and Windows 8 regardless of plugins or extensions or version but does not work for any of us with the same browsers in Windows 10 and since none of us have the magic Windows 10 that you appear to have, the problem definitely is somewhere in Windows 10. I have a Premier Support account with Microsoft, I will let them figure it out. Thanks anyway!

Joe

Joepolicy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge - Similar Threads - Webpage dropdowns Edge

2. Dropdown Functionality Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown Functionality Not Working: OK, I could not find anything relating to this after quite a few searches.Dropdown Functionality and right click functionality stops working intermittently. However, it will begin working again when I dock the screen to one side i.e., windows button + right/left arrow. Once...
  3. Dropdown Functionality Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown Functionality Not Working: OK, I could not find anything relating to this after quite a few searches.Dropdown Functionality and right click functionality stops working intermittently. However, it will begin working again when I dock the screen to one side i.e., windows button + right/left arrow. Once...
  4. Dropdown menus not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dropdown menus not working: Hello experienced Microsoft users. Recently within the past week or so I've been noticing problems with dropdown menus on websites- regardless of which browser I use, they only appear for a split second before disappearing. Sometimes, they stay up for about a half of a...
  5. Only Microsoft Edge working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Microsoft Edge working: A few days ago, Google Chrome stopped working, and I can't even open it. I didn't really care, and just used Edge. Today I downloaded Opera GX, and this time it opened, I thought. The startup animation is showing, but after that it just disappears. Can someone please help...
  6. Microsoft Edge Chromium Adressbar Dropdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium Adressbar Dropdown: Hi there, Are you thinking of making the URL bar fold-out in the Edge browser in the future? A dropdown for the most visited addresses would be great. https://imgur.com/kQqr2cJ Regards...
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. edge will not print webpage

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge will not print webpage: Ms Edge will not print webpages. Using a HP Pavilion Desktop Soft Ware build A1NAv6PrA6 When I visit a website that is offering a coupon I click on the websites coupon button and nothing happens. I then try printing from MS Edge using setting Print and again nothing...
  9. Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge: I have freshly installed windows 10. Everything was OK but today I cannot use chrome anymore [img] and Edge browser has some issues as well [img] . I even installed antivirus and scanned the whole disc but nothing found. Where's the problem? 142164
  10. Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge: Is there a method whereby I can reduce the spacing in the drop down menu's in Edge browser? [img] I much prefer the closer spacing as used in Firefox! [img] 34814