Windows 10: Webpage Font Colors - Not Dark Enough

Discus and support Webpage Font Colors - Not Dark Enough in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 2017 BMW ALPINA B7 Review & Ratings | Edmunds Would this be normal, hardware or just a software issue? I went on line to a random site on Edge,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caxtin, Feb 21, 2017.

1. caxtin Win User

Webpage Font Colors - Not Dark Enough

2017 BMW ALPINA B7 Review & Ratings | Edmunds

Would this be normal, hardware or just a software issue? I went on line to a random site on Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox, they all are the same issue. Can it be adjusted on the system or would it be a theme I am using? I have tried a new theme I downloaded online, the same. I am leaning more towards the hardware.

Grayed fonts on white background is hard on the eyes. Please see attached desktop screen shot.

Thanks

:)

caxtin, Feb 21, 2017

2. windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I just would like to confirm, are you trying to change the color of the Internet Explorer?

If you are using Internet Explorer and wants to

Internet Explorer lets you pick which fonts and colors are used to display webpages. These settings won't affect webpages that are designed to prevent changes to colors and fonts.

To specify website font and colors-

• Open the Internet Explorer then click Internet Options.
    [*] 2. Click the General tab, and then do one or both of the following:

• To change the font, click Fonts. Specify the fonts you want to use, and then click
      OK.

• To change colors, click Colors, and then clear the Use Windows colors check box. Click each color box, click the color you want to switch to, and then click
      OK. When you're done choosing colors, click OK.

• Click OK.
    To override website font and color settings-

• Open the Internet Explore, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the General tab, and then click Accessibility.

• Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and
      Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, click OK, and then click
      OK again.
    Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Feb 21, 2017
  3. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

Hi Kenneth,

To answer your query, the Desktop icon fonts are dynamic and will show white on dark backgrounds and change to white with a black shadow effect on a light background.
    Desktop wallpaper images have varying colors, it is easy for the font colors being unreadable if they are on top of the same color as a wallpaper image. For instance, a black font on top of a dark part of the background image or a white font on
    a white part of a background image.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

In Edge and IE the web address seems to be grey for all but the 'sitename.com' bit, but if you need to read it the whole address turns dark when you hover your mouse pointer over it. Firefox is slightly different, instead of turning dark the address is displayed in a popup when you hover over it. This seems to be by design - I doubt if there's a setting to change this behaviour.

For the content of the page itself, the font color is specified by the site. In IE's 'Internet options > General' there's an 'Accessibility' button where you can choose to ignore site colors (though doing so for your example page makes the photo disappear). I usually select unreadable text on poorly designed pages if I need to make it readable.

Edge doesn't seem to have a similar setting I can find. It does have 'Reading view' which also makes the font dark - and again, makes the photo disappear - must be something about the way that page was designed (it doesn't happen on other sites in Edge or IE).

In Firefox, type aboutWebpage Font Colors - Not Dark Enough :preferences#content in the address bar to find it's equivalent font settings.

Thema:

1. Webpage Font Colors - Not Dark Enough - Similar Threads - Webpage Font Colors

2. Windows 10 Dark Mode Font color remains Black, making it unreadable

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Dark Mode Font color remains Black, making it unreadable: [ATTACH]If you notice that the font color remains black and unreadable after you switch to Dark Mode on your Windows 10 computer, then this post […] This article Windows 10 Dark Mode Font color remains Black, making it unreadable first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  3. Font color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font color: Somehow, my desktop icon fonts changed from solid black to white outlined in black. Can someone please tell me how to maintain a light blue colored background with a solid black font under the icons. I've read the articles and tried all of the fixes, but none of them seem...
  4. font color

font color: how do i change text color from gray to black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/4238447a-7667-401d-9c65-c0fe15369ae3
  5. font color

font color: How can I make font color darker I can't see the light blue very well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/56ecabe7-246a-46bb-84df-3cdb60597e7c
  6. Font COLOR ??

Font COLOR ??: How do I change my font color?It is a light blue now and I would like it darker. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/53176aa4-282e-459e-b7e7-73ceaaed4d86
  7. Colors on a Dark Background

Colors on a Dark Background: This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background. For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light...
  8. Fonts color

Fonts color: I am using a Dell laptop running windows 10. How do I change fonts color it is now something like a light blue and dim. I would like to change to a bold BLACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-color/7cdbe72c-3d0d-4b45-8903-a2cc1e1992d1
  9. color of fonts

color of fonts: I do not like the blue fonts . I have tried many on line sites . I have been thru the computer and can not find any way to change the color . Any help please . 32959
  10. Font colors

in Windows 10 Support
    Font colors: If I click ctl-f a search box opens up. The text color is black and background color is white, (easy to read). But if I highlite the text or come back to it later, the text is white and the background is dark blue, (hard to read). How can I change background color....