Windows 10: Webpage search field

Discus and support Webpage search field in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/K3N5T3R, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Webpage search field

When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this?

submitted by /u/K3N5T3R
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/K3N5T3R, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Edge Webpage Content Flickering Issues with Facebook and Other Websites Which Contain Videos In Their Webpage.

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue, we suggest that you use a new
    InPrivate window
    and try to go to a webpage with a video again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering instead of hardware rendering to view the webpage.
    Here are the steps on how to use software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 29, 2020
  3. search field

Hi Larry,

You can always search for your files with the use of Cortana search box.

If its not visible on your desktop, refer to the steps below to make it available again.

1. Right-click on your taskbar and choose Cortana.

2. Select Show search box.

If you are referring to a search box that's designed to look for Word files only, we suggest you submit this as your entry at
    Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate as this matter is already advisable to be listed on our Feedback forum.

Rest assured that our Engineering team will take the necessary action to improve Windows features as we always value our customer's needs.

Thank you.

Jhessica Sur, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Webpage search field

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Webpage search field

1. Webpage search field - Similar Threads - Webpage search field

2. tiny letters in search field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiny letters in search field: I'm a new user of W11 and a have a really strange problem.I don't understand why the size of the letters in de seachfield are so tiny.Hopefully someone has a solution to fix this.Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
  3. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages: Hi. We have this issue appearing more and more often and I tried everything without success.Whenever you click on a webpage text or textarea field on any website, the touch keyboard doesn't show anymore. We have Win 10 LTSC version and it used to work very well until this...
  4. Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard not opening when touching a text field on webpages: Hi. We have this issue appearing more and more often and I tried everything without success.Whenever you click on a webpage text or textarea field on any website, the touch keyboard doesn't show anymore. We have Win 10 LTSC version and it used to work very well until this...
  5. Cannot enter the "Search" field

in Cortana
    Cannot enter the "Search" field: Window 10 Pro w Office 365Trying to use the left mouse key to enter the search field on the taskbar but nothing happens and cannot do a search. The left mouse button does work on other apps,...
  6. Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail: After recovering from an exception error caused by CorsairVBusDriver.sys by first restoring windows, then renaming all occurrences of the file to include .bak at the end, I uninstalled Corsair Utility Engine, dated 2016, and installed the newest iCUE dated 2020. I am unable...
  7. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  8. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  9. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...
  10. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...