Windows 10: Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe...

Discus and support Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Webroot Secure Anuwhere reported "as acive process has a possible handle leak explorer.exe on my Windows 11 HP Laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kathleen Bryant, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe...

Webroot Secure Anuwhere reported "as acive process has a possible handle leak explorer.exe on my Windows 11 HP Laptop.

:)

Kathleen Bryant, Jan 7, 2023
  2. Patty L R Win User

Webroot indicates that an active process (explorer.exe) has a possible handle leak

Webroot indicates that an active process has a possible handle leak (explorer.exe). Is this an issue that needs to be repaired, and if so how?

Original title: PLR

Also posted at: 宝马娱乐1211con-首页宝马娱乐1211con-首页

Patty L R, Jan 7, 2023
  3. Handle Leak in explorer.exe on Windows 10 System

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced with error "An active process has a possible handle leak (explorer.exe)" when you run system Analyzer tool in Webroot Secure Anywhere Anti-Virus. We will certainly help you.

We suggest you to refer to the suggestion given by BulldogXX
    in the link below and check:

Redirecting

For further support you can contact Webroot community support:

An active process has a possible memory leak (explorer.exe) | Webroot Community

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 7, 2023
  4. Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe...

Webroot indicates that an active process (explorer.exe) has a possible handle leak

I just installed Webroot two months ago (4/2017) and I received the same warning when I ran the System Analyzer, except it was for OUTLOOK. Thanks to your input; I'm choosing to ignore the statement about "possible handle leaks".

Webroot doesn't have the option to disable the feature as it's not an add-on but a link you click to run the System Analyzer. The fix is to simply ignore the System Analyzer "feature" in the first place if it's just a marketing hype.

Ifeelstupid, Jan 7, 2023
Thema:

Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe...

1. Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe... - Similar Threads - Webroot Secure Anywhere

2. Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webroot Secure Anywhere reported "an active process has a possible handle leak Explorer.exe...: Webroot Secure Anuwhere reported "as acive process has a possible handle leak explorer.exe on my Windows 11 HP Laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webroot-secure-anywhere-reported-an-active-process/b6a67919-6156-42ca-8163-8368ea4464ff
  3. exporer.exe handle leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exporer.exe handle leak: So I usually run a system analyzer every Monday with my Antivirus software Webroot and every time I do, it tells me "explorer.exe has a possible handle leak." With the research ive done on handle leaks, it seems kind of bad. Any ideas on fixing it, or if its nothing to worry...
  4. exporer.exe handle leak

exporer.exe handle leak: So I usually run a system analyzer every Monday with my Antivirus software Webroot and every time I do, it tells me "explorer.exe has a possible handle leak." With the research ive done on handle leaks, it seems kind of bad. Any ideas on fixing it, or if its nothing to worry...
  5. exporer.exe handle leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Very high virtual memory usage and possibly "handle" leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high virtual memory usage and possibly "handle" leak: [ATTACH] Hi, I have 2x8 DDR4 3000Mhz RAM. I use 5-6 GB of them in general. But my virtual memory is 45GB -i did not set any limit it is managed by Windows- Why it happens? The most RAM consumer software is Google Chrome which I use and it crashes some times with "Out of...
  7. active process has a possible leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    active process has a possible leak: This showed up on my screen "An active process has a possible handle leak explorer.exe;" now I keep hearing air noise like a jet flying over about every ten minutes from my modem. What should I do?...
  8. Webroot Secure Anywhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Webroot Secure Anywhere: I am trying to uninstall the Webroot Secure Anywhere from my Windows 10 computer. I already have McAfee security and the Webroot interferes with this. How can uninstall this. I've tried the normal uninstall in the Control Panel but it does not let me. I am not very...
  9. Chromecast users - possible security leak

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chromecast users - possible security leak: Hi there. while I love the chromecast thingy there's a possible security leak - especially if you don't use the new Ethernet connector. The Chromecast will present itself in a WIFI broadcast map allowing possibly an unauthorized user to logon to your WIFI network. The...
  10. Explorer Folder/File Handle Leak? (USB Eject)

Explorer Folder/File Handle Leak? (USB Eject): I am experiencing a problem regarding ejecting USB devices that may indicate a more fundamental issue with Windows/Explorer within Windows 10. In the last one to two weeks (possible updates?) it has become increasingly difficult to eject USB devices. Process Explorer...