Windows 10: Webroot v Defender

Discus and support Webroot v Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As a condition of a discount deal with Best Buy I received Webroot. Now BB continually bugs me to download the software. I currently use MS Defender.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lpatrick, Feb 16, 2018.

1. lpatrick Win User

Webroot v Defender

As a condition of a discount deal with Best Buy I received Webroot. Now BB continually bugs me to download the software. I currently use MS Defender. Is Webroot better than Defender? If I do download Webroot but do want to use it how do I delete it before it replaces Defender?

:)

lpatrick, Feb 16, 2018

2. Webroot & Windows 10 Tech Preview

What issues are you facing with Webroot.

Windows Defender is integrated into Windows 10 and should be all the protection you will ever need. However, if you prefer using Webroot, Windows Defender will automatically disable once you install the software.

Are you receiving error messages when downloading or installing Webroot?

Smittychat., Feb 16, 2018
  3. Notifications tell me virus protection is off

Sometimes I get a bunch of notifications that Windows Defender and Webroot (my purchased antivirus) are both turned off. I'm told to click the message, which in turn takes me to the security area where I can turn them on. However, Webroot says it's always
    on, and it never alerts me to the contrary. I know nothing about Windows Defender. I don't know if Windows Defender is supposed to work in tandem with Webroot, or whether it's supposed to replace a purchased antivirus. So, could Windows 10 be giving me erroneous
    information about Webroot being off? Should I run Windows Defender along with it?

Edmund LeRoy, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Superfly Win User

Webroot v Defender

I haven't seen many advocate Webroot --- it's largely untested -- due to it functioning differently to others.
    From what I gather, it only activates with the execution of malware rather than scan for specific 'signatures' within files.
    I suspect it will therefore be low on resources, but do you trust a last-minute wake-up call?

WD has improved a lot lately... it just needs to fine-tune false positives -- but it would be the better choice of these two, IMHO.

Superfly, Feb 16, 2018
  5. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Webroot v Defender

1. Webroot v Defender - Similar Threads - Webroot Defender

2. webroot with msn subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webroot with msn subscription: webroot with msn premium subscription? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webroot-with-msn-subscription/87e744f0-355c-4eca-88cb-feb8cce06c0e
  3. Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?: I have Win 10. It comes with Win Defender Security which I'm not using. But I'm paying Webroot Security $49 a year to protect the desktop computer.Should I let the Webroot elapse and go with Win Defender?...
  4. Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?: I have Win 10. It comes with Win Defender Security which I'm not using. But I'm paying Webroot Security $49 a year to protect the desktop computer.Should I let the Webroot elapse and go with Win Defender?...
  5. Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Webroot Preventing me from using Windows Defender

Webroot Preventing me from using Windows Defender: I uninstalled webroot from my desk top. When I go to Security it shows webroot is still active. I can't turn webroot off which in turn is preventing me from turning Windows Defender on. help?[Original Title: windows defender]...
  7. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad: Hello, I just paid a lot of money $49 to renew my Webroot subscription. But I know Win 10 has Windows Defender. I want to know should I cancel the renewal w/ Webroot and just go with Defender? What's the difference between the two? Should I save my money? Opinions....
  8. windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?

windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?: I have both on my laptop. The webroot just expired.....Do I need webroot since I already have the windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-defender-vs-webroot/d93d02eb-9101-4238-a881-d5bac0c294ad
  9. After uninstalling Webroot Antivirus I cannot turn on real time protection in Defender?

After uninstalling Webroot Antivirus I cannot turn on real time protection in Defender?: I uninstalled Webroot Antivrus and now I cannot turn on real-time protection in Defender, can someone help me. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/after-uninstalling-webroot-antivirus-i-cannot-turn/8a43d525-3255-4d9a-b229-02836a1478c6
  10. Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?

Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?: I made the upgrade from 8.1 to win 10 and dabbing around with it now. I had latest version of webroot AV installed. After the transition, it seems that both defender and webroot are running at the same time. Now obviously I don't want two protection system. It'll slow crap...