Windows 10: Website Management - Family Account

Discus and support Website Management - Family Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things: My child can create a new... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisandJenHarrington, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Website Management - Family Account

I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things:

1. My child can create a new profile in Microsoft Edge
    2. My child seems to have access to https://account.microsoft.com/ even though it is in the blocked list
    3. The web browser history doesn't show up very quickly on my main pc, especially when I have discovered number 1 & 2
    4. My child has access to see saved password

Please can you tell me if there are restrictions available for these issues.

Kind regards

Concerned parents

:)

ChrisandJenHarrington, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Arnie Est Win User

family account

Hi Natasha,

About your concern, your son's account is under Family account which limits your child in downloading apps that is inappropriate for his age. To manage your family account, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
    • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
    • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
    • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.
    • Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Website Management - Family Account

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Website Management - Family Account

1. Website Management - Family Account - Similar Threads - Website Management Family

2. Family Safety Issue With Websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Issue With Websites: So, not only is the 'ask now' feature not working for a site, the parent of the family can't manually allow it. It's formatted 'example.com' instead of 'www.example.com' or anything like that, and Microsoft is claiming it's not a valid site. The child can get onto it on...
  3. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  4. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  5. MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.

MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.: MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank. I need to edit the age my family member who is listed as minor. Details; when he loggs into his MS Account, the DOB is very wrong and is not editable. I used my adult account, added him as a family member but there is no...
  6. family managment

family managment: I'm trying to limit specific application of my 'kids' and this option is locked. I press on the button to activate limit application time but its shaded and nothing happened. how to make activate? my account is: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** one of my...
  7. Family Safety website blocking

Family Safety website blocking: Hi, The web browsing blocking for individual websites is not working in the family safety application. I believe it may be because the app is adding the scheme informationhttps twice. You can see this by adding a site and clicking or mousing over the link it adds. Below is a...
  8. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  9. Website Management

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website Management: I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things: My child can create a new profile in Microsoft Edge My child seems to have access to https://account.microsoft.com/ even though it is in the blocked list...
  10. family and devices tab on account website

family and devices tab on account website: Good day everyone I am not sure if everyone is having this issue but anytime I go to the Family or Devices tab under account.microsoft.com I get website errors. On the Devices tab I get the following error Try that again Something happened on our end, and we can't show...