Windows 10: Website Management

Discus and support Website Management in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things: My child can create a new... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisandJenHarrington, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Website Management

I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things:

1. My child can create a new profile in Microsoft Edge
    2. My child seems to have access to https://account.microsoft.com/ even though it is in the blocked list
    3. The web browser history doesn't show up very quickly on my main pc, especially when I have discovered number 1 & 2
    4. My child has access to see saved password

Please can you tell me if there are restrictions available for these issues.

Kind regards

Concerned parents

Chris and Jen

:)

ChrisandJenHarrington, Jun 6, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Phantom Touch on Asus Zenbook in Excel and some websites

Hello,

We appreciate your response and efforts in trying to perform the suggested troubleshooting steps provided. To further troubleshoot the issue, you can uninstall/reinstall the touchpad driver for us to identify if it's a hardware issue.

To uninstall touchpad, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select
      Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing Devices.
    • Right click on the Touch pad and uninstall the driver.

To reinstall touchpad, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select
      Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your device manufacturer.

Keep us updated with the result.

Dyan Rey, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Website Management

website icons on windows ten

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a Desktop shortcut for the website on Windows 10.

• Launch Internet Explorer and go to the website.
    • From Menu tab click on File.
    • Select Send and choose Shortcut to desktop.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Website Management

1. Website Management - Similar Threads - Website Management

2. Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.: Hello, today I have installed the PC Manager from Microsoft Store and want to uninstall the beta version. When I uninstall, the app stay on my Windows 11. Any tips?...
  3. Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.: Hello, today I have installed the PC Manager from Microsoft Store and want to uninstall the beta version. When I uninstall, the app stay on my Windows 11. Any tips?...
  4. When attempting to remove a device from the Microsoft Store Device Management website, I...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When attempting to remove a device from the Microsoft Store Device Management website, I...: Is anyone else experiencing this problem: Navigating to this webpage https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content results in this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId:...
  5. From the https://account.microsoft.com/family website, how do I Manage this child's access...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    From the https://account.microsoft.com/family website, how do I Manage this child's access...: When my child tries to access https://edu.cospaces.io using their Microsoft account, they get an error message: [ATTACH] But when I sign into the Family Settings page Microsoft Family Safety to allow access for this child, I don't see anywhere I can do this? Under the...
  6. My MS PC management website, 'remove PC'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My MS PC management website, 'remove PC': Here is my management page for 6 of my pc's. What would happen if I do the 'remove PC', by clicking top right dots. How does that affect my logging into my PC on the PC on a reboot? What does that do? [img] 172312
  7. Microsoft website, managing device actions not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft website, managing device actions not working: Before reading, in the end this is solving a problem for my xbox360, however there is something on the Microsoft website preventing me from doing so. I bought an Xbox 360 S and it was preowned, the family pin passcode was still on the device and I am trying to remove it....
  8. Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Screen driver not showing in manager, failed installing from manufacturer's website: Hi all, after resetting and re installing windows 10 on my HP Stream 7 tablet, none of the drivers are working including touch screen, audio, battery percentage, rotation. They are not showing up at all in device manager! For example touch screen is not working, tried...
  9. Website Management - Family Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website Management - Family Account: I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things: My child can create a new profile in Microsoft Edge My child seems to have access to https://account.microsoft.com/ even though it is in the blocked list...
  10. External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites: HP Envy desktop-Windows 10-new Logitech external webcam. both internal and external webcams are recognized and have latest drivers in Device Manager, and both work. With Skype both cams work. With other websites, only internal cam works, though the Adobe permission screen...