Windows 10: " Website Not Responding" All the Time

Discus and support " Website Not Responding" All the Time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, my parents got laptops a few years ago, where prompted to update to Windows 10, and have been complaining about it ever since. The main issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JennyMauser, Feb 25, 2019.

1. " Website Not Responding" All the Time

So, my parents got laptops a few years ago, where prompted to update to Windows 10, and have been complaining about it ever since.

The main issue seems to be the constant "Website Not Responding" messages appearing every few minutes, though there is the occasional complaint of websites loading slowly or accidentally clicking the wrong link because the website froze.

This is especially bad for my father, who uses his laptop for work. He literally can't access the internet on it without getting frustrated and yelling "No!", "Come on, this is due by midnight!", etc.

We've tried everything we could think of. Everything we had tried ourselves, and found had worked.

We pushed him to switch browsers, from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer, to Google Chrome, and back again. We urged him to be less hard on the keys and touch pad. We suggested that he access his email (outlook.com - one of the worst offenders) through a different email (like gmail).

But for him, the problem doesn't seem to ever go away.

I know Windows 10 isn't great. I resisted making the jump from 8.1 for as long as possible, after all. However, I never experienced it to this level.

We're worried that this will never stop, and that Dad will keep screaming at his laptop late into the night.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Any hints? Any answers? Please.

:)

JennyMauser, Feb 25, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond " Website Not Responding" All the Time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 25, 2019
  3. jgunning Win User
    Useful websites

Hi All,

Have been using these websites for a long time, but I thought I would share them with you.

This one is for learning html, css, javascript etc (Very useful)
    W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

And this one is an after effects tutorial website that has step by step instructions, gives you the necessary files and a video of how to make some amazing things!Very fun!
    http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

Hope you enjoy!

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Wood Win User

" Website Not Responding" All the Time

website not responding

berton, website works but will stop responding for over 20 seconds, I can tell windows to recover or wait but I do not know what is causing the issue

Thema:

" Website Not Responding" All the Time

1. " Website Not Responding" All the Time - Similar Threads - Website Responding

2. Websites take too long to respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites take too long to respond: It says I’m connected, but I can’t access any websites. It says the websites take too long to respond. However, making google searches work and I can see the search results. Almost anything else requiring Internet connection fails. I tried to use command prompts to reset,...
  3. Websites take too long to respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Websites take too long to respond: It says I’m connected, but I can’t access any websites. It says the websites take too long to respond. However, making google searches work and I can see the search results. Almost anything else requiring Internet connection fails. I tried to use command prompts to reset,...
  4. when i am visiting a website it says site took too long to respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i am visiting a website it says site took too long to respond: this happens only on some website and other work normally,i tried to change DNS and disable the network and enable it but it does not fix the problemthis happens only on some sites and other like Youtube works finethis happens on both chrome and edge, any fixes,please help....
  5. when i am visiting a website it says site took too long to respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i am visiting a website it says site took too long to respond: this happens only on some website and other work normally,i tried to change DNS and disable the network and enable it but it does not fix the problemthis happens only on some sites and other like Youtube works finethis happens on both chrome and edge, any fixes,please help....
  6. when i am visiting a website it says site took too long to respond

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Any website I visit is taking too long to respond.

Any website I visit is taking too long to respond.: I was on a game and I was suddenly disconnected from it. I ran the network troubleshooter, and it said that my computer was fine, but the device or resource was not responding. I tried to visit www.google.com it errored me saying google.com took too long to respond. I tried 3...
  8. This site can’t be reached - website www.gardenseeker.co.uk is online but isn't responding...

This site can’t be reached - website www.gardenseeker.co.uk is online but isn't responding...: This has been driving me insane... I was uploading files to the server using adobe dreamweaver, when it crashed. I closed and opened it again, the program hung upon start up. I followed the help and fixed the issue by deleting the cache folder in...
  9. *website* took too long to respond

*website* took too long to respond: So lately whenever i try clicking on a website in microsoft edge it automatically says “hmmm...cant reach this page” and *website* took too long to respond. ive literally done everything possible within my capabilities too fix the problem from: updating windows...
  10. website www.microsoft.com is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

website www.microsoft.com is online but isn't responding to connection attempts: I keep getting this problem with my network connection. It tells me I am connected but will not go to any website on any browser. My phone connects fine, my roommates connect fine. Just one my laptop I get this problem. How do I solve it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. website not responding all the time