Windows 10: Website scam?

Discus and support Website scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is this website legit?, as they show they have stock but ive never seen them before. https://xbox-spot.co.uk/products/xbox-x-series... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrCecil, Nov 27, 2020.

1. MrCecil Win User

Website scam?

MrCecil, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

what is this website -

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have tried to access the website shared by you, however, the anti-virus on my computer blocked the website stating Tech Support Scam website.

We would like to know the following details:

• Did you access the website on your computer?
    • How did you come across this website?

It seems that the website is a Tech Support scam website. I would suggest you to refer the article on

Protect yourself from tech support scams

For security reasons, I have removed the website from your post.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/2014/09/18/how-to-report-the-microsoft-phone-scam/

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Website scam?

Smeed, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Website scam?

1. Website scam? - Similar Threads - Website scam

2. Unable to delete helvetica font, website font typeface turned into weird font type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete helvetica font, website font typeface turned into weird font type: Hello, My website browser [Google Chrome] font type changed weird after I installed Helvetica font.I have tried these few solutions : 1. Delete font from font folder [ unable to delete as it mentioned the font is in used ]2. Try to remove from registry editor [ unable to find...
  3. how to find the hotfixes from ms website

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to find the hotfixes from ms website: I am trying to learn to modify the wim image to integrate it with the existing hotfixes and drivers.So I came across DISM: splitting, merging, adding updates, drivers and more! sjorsdehaan.nlI checked with systeminfo.exe following are installed on the target machine whose esd...
  4. Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website: New desktop works fine for everthing apart from what I need it for. On accessing a private website I get message'your connection isn't private and NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID'If I click on advanced then'This server couldn't prove that its xxxxxx.xxx; its security...
  5. access denied on website. How to solve

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    access denied on website. How to solve: Website was working okay on 7/11. Update occurred on 7/13. Now I cannot log into the website. This is happening on multiple browsers.I am able to log in on my android phone.How to solve this issue?...
  6. Since July 2021 Windows 10 update I can't log into my own website as well as another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since July 2021 Windows 10 update I can't log into my own website as well as another.: Since the July, 2021 Windows 10 update, I can't log into my business website plus I discovered yesterday there's another website of a professional association I belong to that I can't log into either. It just kicks me out. This happens whether it's a regular window or...
  7. Making sense out of website address Info

Making sense out of website address Info: Hello,I am trying to make sense of the info at https://check-host.net/ip-info?host=hl-aml.com . Details below ;IP address88.214.207.96Host nameparking.epik.comIP range88.214.207.0-88.214.207.255 CIDRISPNatCoWeb Corp.OrganizationOveroptic Systems LTDCountry United Kingdom of...
  8. Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?

Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?: We have received numerous reports that windows users attempting to access our company's website esmed.org see a big red banner from Windows Defender alerting them that opening the website may not be safe. How can we request removal from this block list?...
  9. Is this website legit ? o is it a scam ? prices are unbelievable low!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this website legit ? o is it a scam ? prices are unbelievable low!!: Is this website legit ?: Womens, Mens and Kids Fashion, Furniture, Electricals & More!Fast Track | Next Day Delivery The prices on it are very low!!! too good to be true!!! There is also another one just like it: Children and baby Essentials and household Products | All FREE...
  10. Scam Website

Scam Website: I entered a website that I thought was office.co./setup and could not load my new Microsoft Office and home and was told to phone a number I phoned the number 442080045401 and was on the phone for over an hour before I realised this was a scam. The gentleman was trying t...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsphoneinfo.com legit