Windows 10: Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

Discus and support Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have made some hardware changes to my PC. Upgraded essentially all aspects to my PC, motherboard included. I have a digital key attached to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThomasWidnall, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

Hi,

I have made some hardware changes to my PC. Upgraded essentially all aspects to my PC, motherboard included. I have a digital key attached to my Microsoft Account that is signed in on my physical PC. I can not activate it as when I follow the steps required, it cannot find my device. I log into my account online and select "Manage My Devices". It correctly displays my PC, the correct motherboard and says I have Windows 10 Home edition. it even says it did an update on the 15/12/2019 and correctly shows my usable space on my hard drives. I called up Customer Service and they said they cannot help as it is a digital code. Microsoft have basically found my PC, state I have windows and have it in this computer, but I cannot activate it or locate it,

Thanks for any help

:)

ThomasWidnall, Dec 16, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

1. Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC - Similar Threads - Website shows cannot

2. My PC cannot find my boot drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC cannot find my boot drive: Today I did some work to my computer inside my case. I have 4 harddrives currently and wanted to remove one i was no longer using. after removing the drive and doing some wire management i booted up and my computer can no longer find my boot drive yet the drive is still on...
  3. Halo : MCC for PC installation - Cannot Find Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halo : MCC for PC installation - Cannot Find Device: Hello! So i got the pre-order of MCC and now, release date! Went to the Purchase history on the Microsoft Store to download. NO DEVICE FOUND. (meaning my computer) hmm... So i made sure i was currently Signed In thru my Microsoft Account. CHECK! I signed out, and resigned in....
  4. my pc is showing activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my pc is showing activate windows: hello my pc is showing activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-showing-activate-windows/09d37ffd-8d93-4c31-9fa9-3d7ae0865792"
  5. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...: I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up. All looked well until we got past the initial BIOS setup screens and now we just have the following message: "An operating system wasn't found. Try...
  6. find my device is not there in my windows 10 pc. how to get that

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    find my device is not there in my windows 10 pc. how to get that: Find my device is not there in windows 10 pc. laptop. how to get that. My laptop version is processor : intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70GHz Edition : Windows 10 Pro system type...
  7. I cannot get to my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot get to my Windows 10 PC: help me to get access to my computer. It doesn’t want to get my password and I don’t have a reset disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-to-my-windows-10-pc/3acaf7c1-b7c7-4f20-b49d-14f5488a49d0
  8. PC cannot find my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cannot find my printer: I’ve encountered this issue since the last Windows update. Currently, I receive an error code 0x00000002 when try to turn on my printer. The solution suggested at the forum like to "right click 'computer' to access print spool" doesn’t help because my PC cannot find ‘print...
  9. Cannot find my hdd in "My Pc"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find my hdd in "My Pc": Hey guys, I just installed windows 10 on my ssd, works perfectly. Except I cannot find my hdd in "my pc" as the title says. I can find it in Device Manager, says the drive is working properly. Maybe its just tucked away somewhere, I just cant find it when trying to install...
  10. Cannot find This PC and Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find This PC and Settings: Hello. I cannot find "This PC" and "Settings" on my Windows 10 Laptop. How do I find them and Install them on my Laptop. Many Thanks. Terry Horton.*Smile 38168