Windows 10: Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

Discus and support Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have made some hardware changes to my PC. Upgraded essentially all aspects to my PC, motherboard included. I have a digital key attached to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThomasWidnall, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

Hi,

I have made some hardware changes to my PC. Upgraded essentially all aspects to my PC, motherboard included. I have a digital key attached to my Microsoft Account that is signed in on my physical PC. I can not activate it as when I follow the steps required, it cannot find my device. I log into my account online and select "Manage My Devices". It correctly displays my PC, the correct motherboard and says I have Windows 10 Home edition. it even says it did an update on the 15/12/2019 and correctly shows my usable space on my hard drives. I called up Customer Service and they said they cannot help as it is a digital code. Microsoft have basically found my PC, state I have windows and have it in this computer, but I cannot activate it or locate it,

Thanks for any help

:)

ThomasWidnall, Dec 16, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC

1. Website shows I have Windows 10 on PC, but cannot activate or find device on my Physical PC - Similar Threads - Website shows cannot

2. Activate Windows showing on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows showing on my PC: Hi, so this problem for me started last Sunday, I had a EaseUS file on my C drive that I couldn't delete due to a service running and TrustedInstaller having permissions, started to get rid of that then I think I accidentally opened UTorrent, my PC starts glitching and...
  3. Activate Windows showing on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows showing on my PC: Hi, so this problem for me started last Sunday, I had a EaseUS file on my C drive that I couldn't delete due to a service running and TrustedInstaller having permissions, started to get rid of that then I think I accidentally opened UTorrent, my PC starts glitching and...
  4. Activate Windows showing on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device: the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices."...
  6. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device: the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices."...
  7. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.: [ATTACH] I looked it up, and some say it is a cpuminer, and other say otherwise. However here, it does not have a publisher it seems. Should I be concerned? I actually am. How can I delete this thing which I cannot find? Even on control panel it is not there. Given all of...
  9. my pc is showing activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my pc is showing activate windows: hello my pc is showing activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-showing-activate-windows/09d37ffd-8d93-4c31-9fa9-3d7ae0865792"
  10. PC cannot find my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cannot find my printer: I’ve encountered this issue since the last Windows update. Currently, I receive an error code 0x00000002 when try to turn on my printer. The solution suggested at the forum like to "right click 'computer' to access print spool" doesn’t help because my PC cannot find ‘print...