Windows 10: Website think I'm in India

Discus and support Website think I'm in India in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Some websites such as booking.com or myprotein.com either provide costs in Indian currency or ask me if I want to go through to the Indian website as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichP05, Sep 24, 2019.

1. RichP05 Win User

Website think I'm in India

Some websites such as booking.com or myprotein.com either provide costs in Indian currency or ask me if I want to go through to the Indian website as my location shows as India.

This happens on all web browsers.

I do not have a VPN or have recently used one.

I have checked both the location on Chrome and on my Windows laptop, both are correct and show UK.

I have cleared cache and history on all browsers. This even happens incognito mode on chrome also.

Can't seem to find a fix online.

:)

RichP05, Sep 24, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Website think I'm in India [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. suraswami Win User
    Laptop LCD Screen - Where to buy in India?

My friend wants to know the place where he can get lcd screens for laptops. Which brand is the best one?

He is looking to replace the LCD on his Dell inspiron 630m WXGA TFT.

Please suggest some sites where he can find laptop spares to buy. If anyone knows any shop/website in india or that can ship to India please post or pm me.

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Website think I'm in India

Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Website think I'm in India

1. Website think I'm in India - Similar Threads - Website I'm India

2. My Microsoft store thinks I live in India

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft store thinks I live in India: I was trying to subscribe to game pass PC and it won't let me finish my transaction because it thinks I live in India even though my Microsoft account says I live in the US. So does anyone know why this happening to me and if you do can you please help me?...
  3. My Microsoft store thinks I live in India

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft store thinks I live in India: I was trying to subscribe to game pass PC and it won't let me finish my transaction because it thinks I live in India even though my Microsoft account says I live in the US. So does anyone know why this happening to me and if you do can you please help me?...
  4. My Microsoft store thinks I live in India

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not

Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not: Title says the issue. Not sure when exactly this happens but when I'm about to open disney hotstar today it says "Videos on www.hotstar.com/id are not available in Singapore" and prompts me to proceed to the website's singapore versionTried :- GPS Off > Restart > GPS On >...
  6. Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not: Title says the issue. Not sure when exactly this happens but when I'm about to open disney hotstar today it says "Videos on www.hotstar.com/id are not available in Singapore" and prompts me to proceed to the website's singapore versionTried :- GPS Off > Restart > GPS On >...
  7. Why my computer thinks I'm in UK though I have come to India

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my computer thinks I'm in UK though I have come to India: Hi, I have recently moved to India from the UK, but still, my google search shows that I'm in the UK and similar website suggestion it is showing. Please help me to fix the issue.I have changed the settings in control panel and changed google account settings as well....
  8. Why my computer thinks I'm in UK though I have come to India

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer thinks I'm in UK though I have come to India: Hi, I have recently moved to India from the UK, but still, my google search shows that I'm in the UK and similar website suggestion it is showing. Please help me to fix the issue.I have changed the settings in control panel and changed google account settings as well....
  9. Why my computer thinks I'm in UK though I have come to India

10. Websites Default To India Region

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Websites Default To India Region: Hi, When I go on quite a few websites it seems to default the region to India. I have checked all the settings and they have the correct region and time zone and language of UK. Is anyone able to help? I don't have VPN or anything like that installed. Regards...