Windows 10: Websites appear with this super ugly font for some reason

Discus and support Websites appear with this super ugly font for some reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Can anyone help get rid of this. I can't stand this font anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elevate24, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Websites appear with this super ugly font for some reason

/u/Elevate24, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Lily W. Win User

Comic Sans font appears jagged and ugly

A while back, the Comic Sans font began to appear jagged and ugly in Chrome and text editors such as Notepad. No other fonts appear to have any smoothing issues; only Comic Sans appeared to have visibly changed.

While the font looks ugly when used in Chrome and text editors, when I tried typing with Comic Sans in paint.net, it appeared perfectly fine—no jagged edges. It looked just like it did elsewhere before.

I screenshotted a comparison between Comic Sans in paint.net (how it should look) and Notepad (all ugly and jagged).

I'd heard Windows 10 had font issues, but I haven't found anything specifically on Comic Sans looking like this. Any idea how to make the font display properly?

Lily W., Feb 9, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 9, 2020
  4. seanwg Win User

Websites appear with this super ugly font for some reason

E65 ugly fonts

Hi,

I have a E65 telephone which I bought off ebay. I believe its a chineese version.

My wife bought a E65 from Thailand.

Both phones work reasonably well, but one thing I have noticed is the fonts on mine look very ugly - I believe they are not aliased like the ones on my wife.

Is there any known work around?

Sean

seanwg, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Websites appear with this super ugly font for some reason

1. Websites appear with this super ugly font for some reason - Similar Threads - Websites appear super

2. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  3. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  4. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. font on some website broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font on some website broken: Hey Guys I have a problem with Windows 10 on browsers.On some websites, the text font is broken and unreadable.it doesn't have to do with Chrome extensions, I already tried incognito mode without extensionsIt also is not Chrome only maybe Chromium browser themself, I tried...
  6. font on some website broken

font on some website broken: Hey Guys I have a problem with Windows 10 on browsers.On some websites, the text font is broken and unreadable.it doesn't have to do with Chrome extensions, I already tried incognito mode without extensionsIt also is not Chrome only maybe Chromium browser themself, I tried...
  7. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  8. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  9. Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly: hello all is ugly, I almost questioned if I installed the driver correctly, removed it and reinstalled it, no thing I have done seem to workI did changed resolutions, trying to change bit depth I have Lenovo l560, graphic: Intel HD graphic 520...
  10. Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason

in Browsers and Email
    Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason: Great and thanks for posting your solution.