Windows 10: Websites Default To India Region

Discus and support Websites Default To India Region in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When I go on quite a few websites it seems to default the region to India. I have checked all the settings and they have the correct region and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Patty371903, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Websites Default To India Region

Hi,

When I go on quite a few websites it seems to default the region to India. I have checked all the settings and they have the correct region and time zone and language of UK.

Is anyone able to help? I don't have VPN or anything like that installed.

Regards

:)

Patty371903, Sep 26, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 26, 2020
  3. arv_ag Win User
    Wrong region for Marketplace for India

I am unable to use my Indian credit card to download paid applications in India. Whenever I try to use the Credit card on phone, it shows that it is from a wrong region. Although I am in India and trying to download application in India. When I use the
    website marketplace.windowsphone.com and goto Account Settings, And try to add CC it shows United States as region by default and I have no option to change it. On Windows Device regional settings I dont see English (India) as an option so I can point it to
    Indian region. How do I setup the marketplace correctly for India?

arv_ag, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Websites Default To India Region

Cortana not available in supported region(India)

I downloaded the english(india) language pack and speech to

I set my region to india then (display language--> English india ; speech --> english UK) but then cortana said that she cannot help me in my region (india). too sad as I wasted my Internet data but got nothing.
    plus I have the latest windows update installed...

and this link http://http//windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/cortanas-regions-and-languages#v1h=tab01 states
    that india is there in the list

PLS HELPPPPP

I don't know this might help or not but I think that the Microsoft account I use was at the time of creating it it was set to US at that time.

does that makes a difference???

Ploopy.INC, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Websites Default To India Region

1. Websites Default To India Region - Similar Threads - Websites Default India

2. File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...: On Windows 11, after installing the French France Language pack after that logged out and logged in. Then changed the Region to French France. From then on wards, File Explorer is crashing when tried to open. File Explorer is not crashing when launched as separate process say...
  3. File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...: On Windows 11, after installing the French France Language pack after that logged out and logged in. Then changed the Region to French France. From then on wards, File Explorer is crashing when tried to open. File Explorer is not crashing when launched as separate process say...
  4. Is it suitable to download windows 10 home from microsoft india website?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it suitable to download windows 10 home from microsoft india website?: I have Hp laptop which did not come with preinstalled windows. I want to buy windows 10 home license. Is it suitable to buy it from microsoft india website? How to download it? whether it can be transferred to other pc or not? Please help....
  5. Is it suitable to download windows 10 home from microsoft india website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it suitable to download windows 10 home from microsoft india website?: I have Hp laptop which did not come with preinstalled windows. I want to buy windows 10 home license. Is it suitable to buy it from microsoft india website? How to download it? whether it can be transferred to other pc or not? Please help....
  6. Is it suitable to download windows 10 home from microsoft india website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Website think I'm in India

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website think I'm in India: Some websites such as booking.com or myprotein.com either provide costs in Indian currency or ask me if I want to go through to the Indian website as my location shows as India. This happens on all web browsers. I do not have a VPN or have recently used one. I have checked...
  8. Default website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default website: Ever since I had to reset my PC many of my apps have disappeared and I am having problems making Firefox my default browser as MS Edge seems to have taken over When I go into setting MS Edge seems to be the only option...
  9. Region settings: Unable to set default language!

in Windows 10 Support
    Region settings: Unable to set default language!: Hi, I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10. Error : "Unable to set default language !" When I put it back to English/US then all is ok. How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself...
  10. PURCHASE WINDOWS 10 LICENSE THROUGH OFFICIAL MICROSOFT INDIA WEBSITE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PURCHASE WINDOWS 10 LICENSE THROUGH OFFICIAL MICROSOFT INDIA WEBSITE: for windows 10 home edition price in Indian rupees 9299 https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/windows-10-home/d76qx4bznwk4 for windows 10 professional edition price in Indian rupees 14799 https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/windows-10-pro/df77x4d43rkt for windows 10...