Windows 10: Websites dont load

Discus and support Websites dont load in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using my phones hotspot for internet right now and just yesterday my laptop stopped loading websites and it said that "This site cant be reached"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeafyHasIt, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Websites dont load

I'm using my phones hotspot for internet right now and just yesterday my laptop stopped loading websites and it said that "This site cant be reached" "The connection was reset" "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET". I've tried a bunch of other sites and it says the same for all. I tried every possible method I could find online and nothing worked. I'm not sure if it's my phone or my computer but I really need it to work. It tells me I'm connected to the internet and the network diagnostics says everything is fine but nothing is working. Does anyone have a working method? Or does anyone know why this is happening.

submitted by /u/LeafyHasIt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeafyHasIt, Sep 26, 2020

2. Flash websites won't load on Edge

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix this issue and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser and go to any website.
    • Click on more option on the right top corner.
    • Click on F12 Developers Tool.
    • Then click on emulation tab.
    • Under “user agent string” tab select which browser you need and check if the issue persist.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Websites dont load

Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Websites dont load

1. Websites dont load - Similar Threads - Websites dont load

2. Website not loading in WVD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Website not loading in WVD.: I have a website that employees on Windows 10 in WVD need to access, and it comes up 403 forbidden, yet users on a PC have no issue accessing it, so I need to know how to allow this in Windows Virtual Desktop, as it is obviously something in the settings in Azure that are...
  3. Website not loading in WVD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Website not loading in WVD.: I have a website that employees on Windows 10 in WVD need to access, and it comes up 403 forbidden, yet users on a PC have no issue accessing it, so I need to know how to allow this in Windows Virtual Desktop, as it is obviously something in the settings in Azure that are...
  4. photos will not load on website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos will not load on website: When I bring up different websites, sometime the photos with an article will not load. Do I have to update an app? Windows 10/Chrome browser. Thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-load-on-website/a9a216d0-3cf9-483a-9ba7-053f61c4b047
  5. Problems with websites loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with websites loading: I posted this question a few days ago, but nobody answered. I hope I will get an answer this time. I've been having serious trouble with Yahoo Mail, which is my primary email account. When I try to load it Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge, I either end up with a blank...
  6. Website loading times

Website loading times: My websites are all loading sloooowly! It can take the better part of a minute to get the whole thing. Even slower with MCS 2004 version update! What can I do to get websites to load quickly as they should? Thanks, Dennyboy...
  7. Infinite loading to websites

Infinite loading to websites: Browsers not working, infinately loading websites, with any websites (well internet explorer won't open anyways so i'm not counting that) minecraft won't open, was saying I hadn't activated windows but that's gone (after i unplugged and replugged the computer) all other...
  8. Websites Not Loading Properly

Websites Not Loading Properly: Some websites are only loading html and not the pictures. How to fix??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/websites-not-loading-properly/b829b089-b1a4-4f59-a062-a615c3744c51
  9. Slow website loading

Slow website loading: Hello, Two days ago I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new HDD and everything worked great up until today 13 aug, when I started up the PC and was greeted with an updated.After updating I noticed that all websites load either incredibly slow or not at all. I...
  10. Website not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Website not loading: I have a real head scratcher here. I am a member of "myfitnesspal.com" I can log in and load the site but, when I input an entry for meals I get a page of gobbledegoop which I will attach. This is in all browsers: Chrome, Edge, IE and Firefox. This was not the case when I...