Windows 10: Websites showing weird fonts

Discus and support Websites showing weird fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I saw lately some websites use some strange fonts instead of showing original fonts on my laptop. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RamithLaksara, May 2, 2021.

1. Websites showing weird fonts

I saw lately some websites use some strange fonts instead of showing original fonts on my laptop. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with Windows fonts setting. I reinstalled Windows default font pack, but nothing worked. How do I fix this?

:)

RamithLaksara, May 2, 2021

2. Edge and Skype show text in weird font

Hi,

When I search in Edge, Bing shows results in weird Font. Same is when I start Skype - my username is in the same weird font. Please, please help. I attach some screenshots.
    Websites showing weird fonts [​IMG]

Websites showing weird fonts [​IMG]

strikercho, May 2, 2021
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 2, 2021
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Websites showing weird fonts

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Websites showing weird fonts

1. Websites showing weird fonts - Similar Threads - Websites showing weird

2. Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...: Hi,I am reaching out to address issues I am experiencing with the preview of certain websites. the fonts on these websites appear strange and are unreadable on all browsers. I kindly request your assistance in resolving this error. I am attaching a screenshot for better...
  3. Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...: Hi,I am reaching out to address issues I am experiencing with the preview of certain websites. the fonts on these websites appear strange and are unreadable on all browsers. I kindly request your assistance in resolving this error. I am attaching a screenshot for better...
  4. Browsers showing weird font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  5. Browsers showing weird font

Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  6. Some of the Website and Interface Showing Thin Font Type

Some of the Website and Interface Showing Thin Font Type: Hi, I have encounter an issue on my lenovo T15 laptop, some of the interface in my web browsers chrome, edge and firefox are showing very thin font type and I and unable to change them. Just like the attached image. Can I know what do I have to do to change the font type?...
  7. Weird font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird font: Does anyone know how to fix this? I just I turn on my pc somehow I encounter weird font from my taskbar. image- https://gyazo.com/995afe5570234a69bbc673136905b1ba https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font/af1bc703-88c1-42ac-b186-6c5107f18faa
  8. Unable to delete helvetica font, website font typeface turned into weird font type

Unable to delete helvetica font, website font typeface turned into weird font type: Hello, My website browser [Google Chrome] font type changed weird after I installed Helvetica font.I have tried these few solutions : 1. Delete font from font folder [ unable to delete as it mentioned the font is in used ]2. Try to remove from registry editor [ unable to find...
  9. Weird font

Weird font: So, i was trying to improve my computer to be faster, but some how my changed font to an UGLY font... [ATTACH]how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font/baad35e5-2438-49c6-8d39-e8557be8d374
  10. Edge and Skype show text in weird font

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge and Skype show text in weird font: Hi, When I search in Edge, Bing shows results in weird Font. Same is when I start Skype - my username is in the same weird font. Please, please help. I attach some screenshots. [img] [img] 22503