Windows 10: Websites that freeze your computer.

Discus and support Websites that freeze your computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have become aware that there are websites that deliberately freeze your computer. My understanding is that they overwhelm the computer by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by treborpowers, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Websites that freeze your computer.

Hi,

I have become aware that there are websites that deliberately freeze your computer. My understanding is that they overwhelm the computer by trying to download into your computer hundreds of pages of stuff. The result is your browser freezes. I use Firefox and I run windows 10 on a dell Inspiron 3670. Sometimes there is a message saying it is from Mircosoft and saying you should call a number. Using Ctrl Alt Delete does not always work so you have to physically hold down the power button to turn off your computer. In looking on the web I have found some discussion but most of it is from two or three years ago. It seems to me there should be a fix. I hope people are working on it. These are my suggestions but I am not a systems engineer.

1. Crtl Alt Delete that works.

2. Web Browser that automatically cut off or asks the user to confirm before continuing.

I can only guess the damage that has been done by the makers of these malicious programs and I really think it is time for a community like this to take action against them. The fact that your computer can be disabled in this way means none of us is safe. If any of you have connections with those who can do something about this please start SCREAMING.

Thank you for your attention.

:)

treborpowers, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 26, 2019
  4. SwatRider Win User

Websites that freeze your computer.

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hello,

I have the latest windows updates, drivers, and BIOS.

The issue was caused by the Radeon drivers - i explained in my previous post.

To solve the issue I run a program called ClockBlocker that prevents the graphics card from downclocking and freezing the computer.

Thank you all for all the help.

SwatRider, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Websites that freeze your computer.

1. Websites that freeze your computer. - Similar Threads - Websites freeze computer

2. Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?: hello, i’m in need of some help. ever since i’ve visited a random website for schoolwork, my computer has been completely freezing and i have to hold the power button to shut it off and restart it. backstory: i was listening to my music with headphones while doing some...
  3. Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has been freezing since i visited a random website?: hello, i’m in need of some help. ever since i’ve visited a random website for schoolwork, my computer has been completely freezing and i have to hold the power button to shut it off and restart it. backstory: i was listening to my music with headphones while doing some...
  4. My computer freezes on some website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer freezes on some website: A few days ago I have a problem that my laptop doesn't boot properly. It was taking too long on a black screen with a cursor before the login screen appear or sometimes the login screen doesn't show up so I decided to reset my windows. After I have reset my laptop, the boot...
  5. My computer freezes on some website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes on some website: A few days ago I have a problem that my laptop doesn't boot properly. It was taking too long on a black screen with a cursor before the login screen appear or sometimes the login screen doesn't show up so I decided to reset my windows. After I have reset my laptop, the boot...
  6. My computer freezes on some website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. To know about your website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To know about your website: Dear sir, other website h//windows10offers.com/ Is selling os "windows" is it Microsoft website or not Else Trusted website or not Please give me reply as soon as possible Thanks you...
  8. Computer Freezes then Recovers when accessing certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes then Recovers when accessing certain websites: Recently my computer has been locking up when accessing certain websites but then it would recover and load the website properly about 5-10 seconds later. I don't know what could be causing the problem because running a chkdsk command in CMD says that the hard drive is okay...
  9. Which websites and online services is your computer connecting to

in Windows 10 News
    Which websites and online services is your computer connecting to: [ATTACH] There are many components in different apps on your computer that need to connect to the Internet always or at regular intervals to work properly. Likewise, when you open a website in a browser, some of its extensions may automatically [...] This post Which websites...
  10. Computer screen freezes on many websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen freezes on many websites: Within the last week or so my computer screen has been freezing a lot. I can still move my cursor with my mouse but hovering over a link does nothing (usually it changes from an arrow to a hand). Then a window will pop up asking if I want to kill a program or wait....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. website that freezes