Windows 10: Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices

Discus and support Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and use Google Chrome. I can access some sites, like gmail and skugrid, but other websites won't open. No ebay, Amazon, etc. Yes, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamKaras, May 16, 2020.

1. SamKaras Win User

Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices

I have Windows 10 and use Google Chrome. I can access some sites, like gmail and skugrid, but other websites won't open. No ebay, Amazon, etc. Yes, I am connected to the internet. Everything works on my phone, kindle fire and mac. Just not on my windows computer. Today it took 5 hours to decide to open ebay. This happens every few days.

:)

SamKaras, May 16, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 16, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices

Windows 10 Store won-t open

Hi Mateo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R key to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

SujataMoktan, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices

1. Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices - Similar Threads - Websites won't open

2. One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?: My computer screen goes to blank white with no message when I try to upload documents to NelNet. My other computer worked, both have Windows10. The problem computer did upload to my email easily. It literally starts to load that page when I go to upload documents, but then...
  3. One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?: My computer screen goes to blank white with no message when I try to upload documents to NelNet. My other computer worked, both have Windows10. The problem computer did upload to my email easily. It literally starts to load that page when I go to upload documents, but then...
  4. One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  6. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  7. Windows 10 Dell Laptop will not open majority of websites when other devices on the same...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Dell Laptop will not open majority of websites when other devices on the same...: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 and a few days ago I started having issues using most webpages. If I want to load something as simple as Gmail the webpage will just be loading and never open the email interface. Very few webpages such as youtube load...
  8. Windows 10 will not open links in websites, including photos and other links.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not open links in websites, including photos and other links.: Since the download of the Updates, I get "Unable to open http" on any links. When are you going to correct this issue? Should I expect it to be fixed in the next update?...
  9. Firefox suddenly won't open website

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox suddenly won't open website: After ages accessing a regular website forum with no problems, this morning it stuck halfway then the notice below appeared. "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified." I've no idea what caused...
  10. Cannot open files from other websites or emails

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open files from other websites or emails: When I attempt to open a URL from another site or from an email, I get an error window that reads: "an invalid value for registry." Also, sometimes I get a window with a message that reads about an illegal activity being attempted regarding a Key designated for removal. Can...