Windows 10: WeChat desktop app webcam problem.

Discus and support WeChat desktop app webcam problem. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WeChat video calls work fine on my mobile device, however on my laptop WeChat app, I have the video icon and can click on the icon, the receiver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wadhwa_raman, Feb 19, 2020.

1. WeChat desktop app webcam problem.

WeChat video calls work fine on my mobile device, however on my laptop WeChat app, I have the video icon and can click on the icon, the receiver is unable to see me. Microphone is working fine on both mobile phone WeChat app and WeChat desktop app

If i go to Settings>Privacy>Microphone>Allow desktop apps to access your Microphone .... This tab is ON and I can see WeChat underneath.

However, If i go to Settings>Privacy>camera>Allow desktop apps to access your Microphone .... This tab is ON and there is no WeChat underneath.

:)

wadhwa_raman, Feb 19, 2020

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Feb 19, 2020
  4. WeChat desktop app webcam problem.

webcam and mic problem

Hello,

It is possible that the drivers on your computer is outdated that causes problems to detect the devices. For us to efficiently assist you with your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

For the meantime, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in the articles below on how to troubleshoot problems with your webcam:

We look forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

WeChat desktop app webcam problem.

1. WeChat desktop app webcam problem. - Similar Threads - WeChat desktop app

2. I can't download wechat on my desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download wechat on my desktop: I can't download wechat on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-wechat-on-my-desktop/4ccf7906-ed70-40f4-869f-0b4a1d46b872
  3. I can't download wechat on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download wechat on my desktop: I can't download wechat on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-wechat-on-my-desktop/4ccf7906-ed70-40f4-869f-0b4a1d46b872
  4. I can't download wechat on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?: I work for a company that does a lot of business in the PRC. We only have a couple of users located there but one of them uses the Tencent WeChat desktop application for filesharing, IMing, etc. purposes. When they try to run this they are receiving a message that reads "This...
  6. What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?

What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?: I work for a company that does a lot of business in the PRC. We only have a couple of users located there but one of them uses the Tencent WeChat desktop application for filesharing, IMing, etc. purposes. When they try to run this they are receiving a message that reads "This...
  7. What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Disable webcam for specific desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable webcam for specific desktop app: I need to block a single application from using my Webcam, and it's a desktop app. Please advise how I can do this, or implement this feature. It's driving me nuts!The program in question is the Webex desktop app....
  9. Disable webcam for specific desktop app

Disable webcam for specific desktop app: I need to block a single application from using my Webcam, and it's a desktop app. Please advise how I can do this, or implement this feature. It's driving me nuts!The program in question is the Webex desktop app....
  10. Camera doesn't work while using only wechat desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera doesn't work while using only wechat desktop: I am using MacBook pro 2015. I can use my camera for all other application but once I try to make video call with wechat desktop my laptop camera is never invoked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wechat virtual camera

2. webcam not working on wechat

3. use wechat with webcam

4. enable webcam for wechat desktop,
  5. wechat for windows 10 cannot use camera