Windows 10: Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing

Discus and support Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently bought a Wedge keyboard for my Surface Pro 4. I have connected it and the letters key all work fine but the numbered keys with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Katie.F.C, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Katie.F.C Win User

Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing

Hello all,

I recently bought a Wedge keyboard for my Surface Pro 4. I have connected it and the letters key all work fine but the numbered keys with the symbols on display the wrong symbol when I use them. For example, the if I press shift + 2 it displays " when it should display the @ key. It's very frustrating. I have tried removing the battery, deleting and reinstalling the software and tried going through the device control center. I have also installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard software but it doesn't support the Wedge Keyboard so that was no use! Can anyone help, please?

:)

Katie.F.C, Oct 15, 2018
  2. KomouPoji Win User

I have a Microsoft wedge keyboard not working

Hi,

I would suggest to try the methods below and checks if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard software\driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/products/keyboards/wedge-mobile-keyboard/u6r-00006

Click on the download option and download the driver and install it in compatibility mode.

If that does not helps contact to the Microsoft hardware support.

To install the keyboard software\driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest
    keyboard software\driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Method 2:

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/wireless-bluetooth

If the issue still persists, try methods three.

Method 3:

Uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager

• Press Windows key +
      X from the Keyboard and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name,
      select that device and then right click on it. Click on
      Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for
      Mice and other pointing devices.
    I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persist, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Regards,

Komou Poji.

KomouPoji, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Issues with accessing Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse and Continuum on Windows 10

Hi Lasse,

Let us know the version of Windows 10 installed on your device.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest driver for the mouse device and check if it helps.

Device downloads

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, try to install the pending updates on Lumia Phone as well and check if it helps.

[*]Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse and Continuum for further assistance.
    [*]Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing

wedge keyboard

Hi,

Real sorry if this is a daft question but i'd like a definitive answer on weather the wedge Bluetooth key board is compatible to an i phone 4s. Also what does the difference between the wedge U6R-00006 & U6R-00001 etc there are a few different types and
    im not familiar with such terms. Any advise would be of great value before i purchase ...

many thanks

OkydokyIOM, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing

1. Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing - Similar Threads - Wedge Keyboard Keys

2. I have a problem with my Wedge Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my Wedge Keyboard: Hi i have a problem with my microsoft wedge I have had it for about 2 yrs last night, it suddenly stopped working so I changed the batterys connected & pairedup again its showing its paired on my pc but theres no output from wedge to screen ie when im typing its not showing...
  3. I have a problem with my Wedge Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with my Wedge Keyboard: Hi i have a problem with my microsoft wedge I have had it for about 2 yrs last night, it suddenly stopped working so I changed the batterys connected & pairedup again its showing its paired on my pc but theres no output from wedge to screen ie when im typing its not showing...
  4. Keyboard typing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing keys automatically: My keyboard is automatically typing letters. I tried to disable internal keyboard and use an external keyboard. But it is not disabling and the problem keeps happening. Now I can't even login. Because the on screen keyboard is also not working. By the looks of the on screen...
  5. Keyboard typing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing keys automatically: My keyboard is automatically typing letters. I tried to disable internal keyboard and use an external keyboard. But it is not disabling and the problem keeps happening. Now I can't even login. Because the on screen keyboard is also not working. By the looks of the on screen...
  6. Keyboard keys not typing correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard keys not typing correctly: How can I fix my laptop keyboard that has accidentally spilled too much of my hand sanitizer on the keys? The computer works correctly and fine. Except for some keys such as letter k types 7 and letter I types u. I really need to fix this soon because I have a project to do...
  7. Keyboard keys not typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard keys not typing: Lenovo 530S laptop. Win 10. I can not type these charters. 2 @ Ww Ss Xx. And Cap Locks does not work.I mut copy and pate I must copy and paste . The keyboard does not type those. I was thinking bad or dirty Keyboard so I tried the on screen keyboard and mouse, still same...
  8. Keyboard typing double keys.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing double keys.: I'm having issues with my keyboard. Pressing certain keys types two keys. The key combos that do this are "v and g" gv "b and h" hb, and "m and spacebar" m . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-double-keys/a7ed0c21-0891-48c2-ab52-3e73329bd764
  9. Teclado WEdge Mobile Keyboard modelo 1521

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teclado WEdge Mobile Keyboard modelo 1521: Hola, compré el teclado mencionado en el asunto como apto para Windows 10, pero mi pc de escritorio no lo reconoce. Agradecería ayuda, pues tengo pocos días para hacer la devolución. Saludos...
  10. Keyboard typing wrong keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing wrong keys: When i type the numbers 2 3 4 5 it shows up as 6 7 8 9, and when i type the numbers 6 7 8 9 it shows as 2 3 4 5. How to fix ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-typing-wrong-keys/0fdf1785-918a-4570-8181-686cf43c3830

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wedge touch keyboard windows 10 not working

2. microsoft wedge keyboard keys not working