Windows 10: week old HP really slow

Discus and support week old HP really slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This HP 690-0073w was fast when I got it. Now it won't even keep up with my typing. The taskbar thinks about coming up all the time. Firefox takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DogT, Dec 8, 2019.

1. DogT Win User

week old HP really slow

This HP 690-0073w was fast when I got it. Now it won't even keep up with my typing. The taskbar thinks about coming up all the time. Firefox takes about 10 seconds to come up. Tried clean boot per instructions here. Nada, still slow with everything disabled. I did install some ham radio programs but they ran fine in my old dead w7 computer. Really discouraged. I took it back to the guy I bought it from and he charged me another $120 for nothing. I'm going to complain about that. I may even consider stop payment on the CC. Only thing I know to do is reinstall system, but I need to go somewhere with unlimited and fast ISP, I'm on satellite so I'll never get it going with the updates. Cpu is running at 30%or more all the time. I found all the cpu speed things and tried them, nada, nothing changes. This thing is about useless, I can't even run the ham programs it's so slow. Tried the HP virtual helper and that just goes into a loop. Any help here?

:)

DogT, Dec 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Laptop really slow

As said early on, this is a very low spec machine - see comments below. That said, you should be able to reach a point that when the PC is idle - a few minutes after login, say, without launching any extra programs- when disk, internet usage is 0 and CPU use is <3%.

For reference, please boot to Safe Mode, and post a screenshot of the task manager.

Can't spot anything exceptional in the Speccy details, except low spec hardware.

Why is the HP 15-F009ca becoming too slow in Windows 10? - Quora
    Outta The Box HP SLOW, even after removing its Bloatware. | Tech Support Guy

That suggests - just out of curiosity- trying this:
    Download Winaero WEI Tool
    - it's a zip file, and you just run the exe to get e.g. this:

week old HP really slow [​IMG]

Please post yours. It may highlight any major limitation. This is from my 3 yr old 2nd hand Lenovo with an i5 processor, bought for $200

dalchina, Dec 8, 2019
  3. 1 yr. old HP wireless laptop can't connect to older HP wireless Printer

Different answers each time I called HP Yes/No Can be connected/No it can't. Last call suggested kill printer add back. It's not on the HP list and can't pick up blue blinking wireless signal . Older HP Inkjet 6350 year old HP laptop both wireless wizard
    asks for WPA

NO DISC, NO cables

Bryan55555, Dec 8, 2019
  4. week old HP really slow

Real slow, brnd new hp

Just bought new hp laptop, real slow. Anyone have any suggestions, Thxs

LouieCastillo, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

week old HP really slow

1. week old HP really slow - Similar Threads - week old really

2. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer really slow: Hey so suddenly my laptop started being really slow to open programs and when they did finally open they would barely be able to run or would crash.I also noticed on task manager i would be using 30% or more of my memory when no programs were running. I thought that I...
  3. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer really slow: Hey so suddenly my laptop started being really slow to open programs and when they did finally open they would barely be able to run or would crash.I also noticed on task manager i would be using 30% or more of my memory when no programs were running. I thought that I...
  4. Slow speeds on an SSD less than a week old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow speeds on an SSD less than a week old: I have a GIGABYTE Gen3 2500E SSD 500GB and as the box says and as the website says, read is up to 2300 MB/s so I would expect my read speeds to be at least above 2000 MB/s. I know it says UP TO but I'm getting read speeds of 1500 MB/s and my drive is on my laptop less than a...
  5. Slow speeds on an SSD less than a week old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow speeds on an SSD less than a week old: I have a GIGABYTE Gen3 2500E SSD 500GB and as the box says and as the website says, read is up to 2300 MB/s so I would expect my read speeds to be at least above 2000 MB/s. I know it says UP TO but I'm getting read speeds of 1500 MB/s and my drive is on my laptop less than a...
  6. PDF really slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF really slow: I have problem with Adobe software. Till I’ve had just the Reader the PDF file copying or simply PDF preview was very fast. I have brand new machine. After buying and installing full Adobe version it all went to shit. Preview in Explorer either takes dozens of seconds to...
  7. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer really slow: Sorry double post please delete it 153373
  8. Really slow computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really slow computer: hello guys so I have a dell latitude e5440 and windows 10 and my problem is that all of a sudden my computer started working reallllyyy slowly it was perfectly fine until yesterday, it wasn’t slow at all but it happened all of a sudden it takes 30 min to log in and the...
  9. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  10. Laptop really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...