Windows 10: Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?

Discus and support Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've googled it but nothing comes up. I ran Avast and anti-Malwarebytes they both didn't find anything. I have no clue what this is or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wham__, Apr 1, 2021.

1. /u/wham__ Win User

Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?

/u/wham__, Apr 1, 2021
  2. beelady62 Win User

Is reimage repair a virus or malware, won t let me access website, threatens to shutdown my computer?

Is reimage repair a virus or malware, won t let me access website, threatens to shutdown my computer? How can I get rid of it?

beelady62, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Smeed Win User

Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.

First off, Bytefence is often being bundled with other downloaded programs and might be considered as being nagware, see for example here:

Removal instructions for ByteFence Anti-Malware

That being said:

Have a look at

Turn On or Off Limited Periodic Scanning in Windows 10

Also suggestion to read all of Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

which contains for example:

Smeed, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware? - Similar Threads - Weird Alert Won't

2. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  3. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  4. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  5. Windows Defender alert won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender alert won't go away.: I turned on "Local Security Authority Protection", and I get an alert that says, "This change requires you to restart your device." I have restarted several times, but I cannot get that alert to go away....
  6. Windows Defender alert won't go away.

Windows Defender alert won't go away.: I turned on "Local Security Authority Protection", and I get an alert that says, "This change requires you to restart your device." I have restarted several times, but I cannot get that alert to go away....
  7. Virus/Threats Not Going Away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus/Threats Not Going Away: Every couple of days/weeks I receive a message from Windows Antivirus saying that threats have been detected, I remove the threats using Windows Antivirus but after a couple days/weeks I receive the message again.Question is, how do I remove these threats permanently and/or...
  8. malware infection wont go away

malware infection wont go away: i tried removing it but it says its in a different drive j drive even though i dont use j drivei restarted my pc and removed defenders log files but its still appearing...
  9. The trojan/virus Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn won't go away.

The trojan/virus Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn won't go away.: Hello, Since last week my Defender found the Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn virus on my computer. I tried everything I could find on the internet and 80% of the websites I end on are ads or won't work. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance...
  10. Malware that won't go away (text file included)

Malware that won't go away (text file included): I have this malware that keeps saying Windows has an update and I foolishly went to click it because it looked official and Malwarebytes blocked access. I can't find the program anywhere in Revo Uninstaller but I do have the log of what Malwarebytes blocked that I saved to a...