Windows 10: Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10

Discus and support Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I got weird artifacts after latest update when i open PDF in Edge and the same artifacts happened yesterday in NVIDIA Geforce Experience overlay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ali-SM, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Ali-SM Win User

Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

I got weird artifacts after latest update when i open PDF in Edge and the same artifacts happened yesterday in NVIDIA Geforce Experience overlay i had to disable it and enable overlay again but i didn't get chance to get screenshot.

But this screenshot from PDF artifacts on Edge:

Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10 43a68738-e540-41ca-988d-81b8ce515ab2?upload=true.png

But i tried different browsers and it worked without any issues.

I also downloaded latest update for NVIDIA Driver 411.71, not sure if it's from Windows 10 update or NVIDIA Driver.

:)

Ali-SM, Sep 28, 2018

2. I get random flickering Artifacts on my screen, it is very noticeable in the start screen icons flickering

Hi Brian,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Can you inform us which are the updates installed in your computer before flickering artifacts appear on your system? (This way we can check if the particular update is the cause to the issue)

• Does the flickering artifacts appear while you use any particular application/ randomly?
    You may follow the below steps to check what are the updates installed in your computer.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Click on View installed updates on the left navigation pane.

• Here you will be able to view the latest installed updates.
    As you have said flickering artifacts appear after installing some updates, you may try to uninstall the updates and check if it resolve the flickering artifacts.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Click on View installed updates on the left navigation pane.

• Now find the latest update installed, right click and select
      uninstall.

• Click on yes if prompted.

• Reboot the system and check if you face the issue.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 28, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird artifacts latest

2. weird problem after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird problem after updating windows 10: hello there, i updated windows to the version KB5009543 earlier in february. after the update, my computer started to load the desktop very slowlyaround 30 minutes, and action center control would not load for even longersup to 2 hours after login. this issue resolved itself...
  3. My window 10 is weird after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window 10 is weird after update: Hi, I just updated my window 10. Now the laptop is being really weird. I can't connect to the internet, my settings are taking forever to load. I don't know how to fix this. Please help...
  4. there is this weird graphics glitch i got after the latest minecraft windows 10 edition update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is this weird graphics glitch i got after the latest minecraft windows 10 edition update: I tried taking off the texture pack but that didnt work, Anyone else having this problem Video Link: https://youtu.be/GkwKE7jx_4k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-this-weird-graphics-glitch-i-got-after/37922c87-4a93-4820-9d5b-ab157197f04c
  5. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  6. Green artifacts/dots after 2004 update

Green artifacts/dots after 2004 update: https://imgur.com/a/eC22gNe The day after release, i installed windows 2004 through the update tool. Since then i've had green artifacts/dots on my main monitor (HDMI) that are connected to my RTX 2070 - happens both ingame and on desktop. My monitor connected through...
  7. Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor

Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor: So i use a dual monitor setup with both monitors set to 240hz and 1080p. Since i upgraded to the latest windows 10 update (2004) i get weird artifacts on my second monitor only on video related stuff (i've not testet games yet, but i could imagine its gpu related). That can...
  8. Weird artifacts on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird artifacts on screen: Today i changed my processor old one is pentium g630 new one is i5 3470 . Inastalation went perfectly and BIOS worked as well , but when i booted into windows there was incompatibility with my screen it said "unsupported sceen resolution pls change to 1080p 60@Hz " i...
  9. Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird signs on latest update on windows 10: So I got notification about update yesterday, so I left my notebook to update overnight and I just woke up, signed into the notebook and got greeted with this desktop: [ATTACH]. I have this problem on desktop icons and on other stuff like when I tried to upload this...
  10. windows 10 artifacts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 artifacts: ok so I suddenly have artifacts on whole screen yellow rectangles I have removed gpu and now with onboard graphics pc works fine how to confirm if my gpu is bad and not anything else like power supply or motherboard https://imgur.com/9w8dJGJ...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird artifacting on windows

2. windows 10 artifacts left on screen

3. artifacts on windows

4. windows 10 artifacts on screen,
  5. artifacting after windows 10 update,
  6. weird artifacts,
  7. strange artifacts windows explorer windows 10,
  8. windows 10 artifacts after update,
  9. recent people outlook leaves screen artifacts,
  10. weird arftifacts veiwing pdfs in edge,
  11. weird artifacts on computer screen