Windows 10: Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me

Discus and support Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop still on Windows 10 1809 I was planning any way to update it to 20H1 when its out in a week . Funny enough starting 3 days ago and out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nIGHTmAYOR, May 28, 2020.

1. Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me

I have a laptop still on Windows 10 1809 I was planning any way to update it to 20H1 when its out in a week .

Funny enough starting 3 days ago and out of the blue Windows update decided to enforce the 1909 update on me , it had never offered me any further feature update suggestions over the past 2 years (Just the cumulative ones for the 1809 build) .

But then all of a sudden I now have update 1909 waiting to install that when I click the notification "You need some updates" it immediately starts installing then I have to do a hard reboot to break it .

There used to be an option to delay featured updates for a year that is not working now , all I can do is pause Windows Update in general .

If I un-pause it , it immediately starts installing again and then I have to do a hard reboot to break it .

So there is a Microsoft utility that hides updates I don't want to install , and even on attempting to use that it reports that there are no updates found to hide .

I managed to disable Windows update service to call it today but funny enough the service re-enables itself every 24 hours and re-offer the update .

What's with all this really ?!

Humming "We Will , We Will , Update YOU!" like Queen here .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, May 28, 2020

2. Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me

I have a laptop still on Windows 10 1809 I was planning any way to update it to 20H1 when its out in a week .

Funny enough starting 3 days ago and out of the blue Windows update decided to enforce the 1909 update on me , it had never offered me any further feature update suggestions over the past 2 years (Just the cumulative ones for the 1809 build) .

But then all of a sudden I now have update 1909 waiting to install that when I click the notification "You need some updates" it immediately starts installing then I have to do a hard reboot to break it .

There used to be an option to delay featured updates for a year that is not working now , all I can do is pause Windows Update in general .

If I un-pause it , it immediately starts installing again and then I have to do a hard reboot to break it .

So there is a Microsoft utility that hides updates I don't want to install , and even on attempting to use that it reports that there are no updates found to hide .

I managed to disable Windows update service to call it today but funny enough the service re-enables itself every 24 hours and re-offer the update .

What's with all this really ?!

Humming "We Will , We Will , Update YOU!" like Queen here .

nIGHTmAYOR, May 28, 2020
  3. How to enforce update to Windows 10 update 1909

I would like to ensure that all Windows 10 computers in the domain, have updated to the latest release of Windows.

A GPO setting of Windows Components/Windows Update/Configure Automatic Updates = 4 is applied, and works for regular updates.

However, the update to 1909 remains optional.

Is there af GPO setting or powershell script, that will enforce the update?

Bachelorean Quest, May 28, 2020
  4. Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me

1. Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me - Similar Threads - Weird attempt enforce

2. Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.: I am running "Window 10 Home, Version 1909" on my Dell desktop XPS 8700. For last few times, installations of updates is failing. Now, I tried the following:Run update manually.Install Window version 21H1 Nothing is working! Now, on the update page, it is saying "Your device...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 - failed install attempt - 0x80070001

Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 - failed install attempt - 0x80070001: Hello, Does anybody know how to make it work please? I have been trying for many times but my Windows 10 laptop has repeatedly failed to install version 1909 quoting problem? 0x80070001 and displaying the following text: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Last...
  4. Minor update of Windows live me on a bootloop ...(1909)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor update of Windows live me on a bootloop ...(1909): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Matteo842 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0pucl/minor_update_of_windows_live_me_on_a_bootloop_1909/
  5. Unwanted, enforced windows updates.

Unwanted, enforced windows updates.: I am so raging angry at unwanted enforced windows updates. No matter how many times I turn them off on my spare laptop, which I use *only* to monitor my IP cameras, if I have to turn off the laptop or get a power cut, as soon as it restarts, the update starts again. The issue...
  6. Weird character in command line after 1909 update.

Weird character in command line after 1909 update.: After doing the 1909 update ive noticed that when i do the net user command it is showing a weird arrow in the password set/expires/changeable field (example https://imgur.com/199w90y ) checked on my personal laptop which also is 1909 and it also has this, both are set for...
  7. BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909

BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909: So for a while I've been trying to update windows 10 to the version 1909, but at the end it always fails and reverts the update. I'm not sure why it does this or what causes it. When looking at the update history I see that it failed to update with the error 0xc1900101. I...
  8. How to enforce update to Windows 10 update 1909

How to enforce update to Windows 10 update 1909: I would like to ensure that all Windows 10 computers in the domain, have updated to the latest release of Windows. A GPO setting of Windows Components/Windows Update/Configure Automatic Updates = 4 is applied, and works for regular updates. However, the update to 1909...
  9. Attempting a Windows Update to 1909 Crashes PC Every Time

Attempting a Windows Update to 1909 Crashes PC Every Time: Hey there all! My PC is currently running version 1803, Windows 10 Education. About two weeks ago, I wanted to talk to some of my friends via Xbox Party chat so I attempted to install the Xbox PC Beta app. It told me that my Windows needed an update and I looked it up and I...
  10. Enforcement of updates

Enforcement of updates: PLEASE NOTE I HAVE TRIED NOT TO USE BAD Language, ALTHOUGH I THINK MICROSOFT DESERVE IT BUT BUT THEN THE CHEEKY SODS EXPECT ME TO CONTACT THEIR HELP AT UK CENTRE, I THINK I HAVE SPENT ENOUGH MONEY TRYING TO RECTIFY THIS. HI all,i don't know if there is some other meaning...